𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

꧁༄꧂

𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒

IT WAS the day of our move and from what i know it will take about an hour to travel from manchester to berkshire, i really have no idea if im being honest. all our furniture and things are placed in the truck already. and soon we were already on the road.

i realized that the house we were moving into was right beside max and harvey's home. recently i've been forgetting that these boys are well known. and with all honesty, i am nervous right now. because what if they find me ugly and want to cut off the friendship, or they see us moving in and the surprise will be ruined. so much questions were running my mind making me unaware of the fact that we were already in our destination.

i knew how their house looked liked due to the pictures online. and i dont think any of them were home due to the curtains and doors being all shut. which is good because i wont have to worry about the surprise. it was already around 5 in the afternoon and we were almost done unpacking when i heard a bunch of voices coming from their lawn.

"so sis, will you go see your lover boy now?" andre teased. "yeahh i guess if that's okay with you guys. since i might leave the rest of my stuff for yall to help me unpack?" i asked blushing. "no worries sis we got you. go on now. tell mum and dad tho." andre added.

i went to tell my parents about where i will be and before i went to the mills' household i called max. which btw he gave me his number during new year's ever because he wanted us to call. which is a story for another time.

"hey weirdo." i was greeted by his cheerful voice that now i am starting to love. "hi" i replied smiling even though i know he wont see it. "maxxxx is that iris?" i heard tilly speak from a distance. he chuckled and i heard the little girl squeal, next thing you know she was screaming at the top of her lungs. "irisssss i miss youuu please come visit sooon" she whined. "hi tilly and yes i miss u too, and trust me i will visit very soon" i said making sure to put emphasis on 'very'

"so anyways, why did you call" he asked. "my grandma said she will be there around four to drop the gifts. so i wanted to make sure if you're home?" i said trying to keep my cool. "ahh yes bub im home and of course i will wait for your grandma im excited to see what you got me." he said laughing. "i hope you'll be happy about it and i hope you love it. i dont know if its the best bu-" he cuts me off and says "no shush young lady, i appreciate it and no matter what it is i know i will love it because it came from you." i can feel him smiling through the call and i noticed its almost four. "hey i got to go help my mum i miss u bub talk to u later" i said earning a "bye bubbb i miss u too" from him before ending the call.

as soon as it ended i took everything in me to compose myself before walking to their door. i stepped out of the house and for some unknown reason, i wanted to turn around last minute. but i remembered that i shouldn't. i managed my way to their front door, took a few breathes before ringing the door bell. it took a while before the door opened but i knew it was max who will get it since he literally screamed "i'll get it". soon enough we were both standing there face to face and i managed to choke out the word "surprise!" while smiling as wide as i can.

he didnt take another second and wraps his arms around me hugging me so tight as if he didnt want to let me go. not gonna lie, butterflies started to erupt at the pit of my stomach but i pushed it aside. we pulled away and before i could say something he started to say "oh my gosh bub what the fuck are you doing here? how? why? when? oh my gosh you are amazing!!!" he said freaking out like a girl. "im here because i moved in to that house beside yours. i went here using a car duh. and because like what i said im moving here and i arrived just this morning. so yay" i said laughing as i answered all his questions and earning a laugh from him as well. "come on in then bub im sure everyone would want to meet you" he said guiding me inside.

i was immediately greeted by harvey. "oh my gosh you're actually here!" he said hugging me. "yes harvey" i laughed. leo came up next just giving me a wave. he was still shy around me, as what max have mentioned. but now here comes the princess tilly. "iris you're here! im so happy! now max can shut up!" she said hugging my waist. "awh hello there cutie nice to finally meet you in person. i heard max doesn't like playing princess with you. dont worry you wont need him now that i am here" i said joking. "thank god iris i love u" she sajd smiling and max fake pouting at the side. "i love u too sugar" i replied ruffling her hair. "she a keeper max" i heard her whisper to her brother as she walks away and leaves him star struck standing there.

sara and paul greeted me as well and we were all now eating dinner.

"so iris dear, where will you be studying?" sara asked. "oh my parents enrolled me to yately alongside with my best friend who also ended up moving here. we will continue our studies once we resume from break." i replied. the whole night just consisted of us talking and getting to know each other.

"thank you for the wonderful dinner. i had a lovely time" i said smiling as i thanked sara and paul. max guided me to my front door and the short walk to my home was so relaxing. "so you're my neighbor now, i guess i can annoy you in person starting this day bub." he said smirking. "i guess you can." i said playfully punching his shoulder making him playfully pouting beside me.

"i'll see u tomorrow? i need to give you a tour of the place." he said smiling.

"of course bubba" i said smiling as i pulled him in for a hug. which he gladly returned.

as i went inside my new home and up to my room i cant help but think "i'm going to love it here."

꧁༄꧂

a/n

woah first author's note in the updated version:> hi guys! so you i unpublished the rest for now since i haven't finished rewriting the rest of the chapters:( but i will do soon dw:) anyways i hope you like the first 7 chapters:) and i hope everyone is doing safe this quarantine season:(