[1] The Opposite of Thank You

"There are no buts about this House, the board wanted a supervisor!" Lisa Cuddy's voice cut across the room towards the more sarcastic of the two men sitting across from her.

The man just rolled his eyes in response. "Yeah, well since when have I given a damn about what the board wants?" He pauses to plaster a poorly received, sad look across his face, "I mean has anyone stopped to consider what I would like?"

"Oh of course, but when you blackmail a fellow doctor to perform an unapproved surgery, the board tends to overlook trivial matters like your feelings" Cuddy cut back, a falsely sympathetic look across her face.

Lifting his head from where it had been resting on his palm, Wilson looks towards Cuddy with a weary face. "And, just to clarify, why am I here? To make sure someone else knows about the new supervisor so House can't claim he is an obsessed former patient trying to tragically ruin his life?"

"She"

"I'm sorry?"

"The new supervisor is a woman, and overlooking House's team will only be half of her job. The other half is working alongside you in the oncology department."

"Since when did I require assistance?" Wilson questions with his brows furrowed.

"Since the woman who usually supervises the children's oncology department decided that maternity leave wasn't enough and left the country in hopes of achieving her dream of raising her child in a hippie commune" House answers for Cuddy as he rises from his seat.

"Since when have you ever taken notice of someone else's career decisions?" Cuddy's face had contorted into a mixture of disbelief and suspicion as she listened to House's response. "And how have you concluded that she wants to raise her child in a hippie commune?!"

House swings his cane onto his shoulders as his voice raises to a perky tone, with only a touch of sarcasm as he says, "Ahh since her breasts received the early gift of pregnancy and, hello, have you seen what she has been wearing lately?"

"Uh maternity clothes" Cuddy asks, her tone matching House's.

"Yes but those colours? Ew" House's hand waving in dismissal. "Back to the point. I DONT NEED A SUPERVISOR"

"Well you don't have a choice because she has already been hired and is starting tomorrow" Cuddy bites back with a smug smirk stretching across her face, as she settled back into her chair.

Before House can respond, Wilson cuts in, "So who have you hired?"

"Well she has been working at the John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore since she graduated, having specialised in oncology and diagnostics. She was the top of her class and has been commended on multiple occasions for her work throughout her employment at the hospital." Both men look confused at the proud look and grin on Cuddy's face as she describes the new employee.

"I'm sorry is this some long lost daughter you have yet to inform us about, or your lesbian lover because if she is a stranger, I think she'll feel very uncomfortable with you describing her like that?" House questions with his usual level of sarcasm returning to his voice.

"What House means to say," Wilson jumps in, "is that you seem to be familiar with her."

"Well I would hope so," Cuddy chuckles dryly, "She's my sister."  

---------------------------------

Hey guys so this is my first story, so it's likely to be filled with some grammatical or spelling errors. I'll do my best to check for them but I'm not perfect. I'll be publishing new chapters whenever I can, because I've noticed that there is a severe lack of House M.D stories on here and many only have a couple of chapters. I'll do my best to not create another story like that, and the next chapter will be published tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the story.