Chapter 9

Tahiti. A research and lab facility on an island in the middle of the ocean. Palm trees were scattered around the building, and dark, turquoise waves crashed against the cliff where several other rooms of the labs jutted out from the rock. As I was escorted through the door by six heavily-armed guards, I looked to the sky, trying to etch it into my brain before I went into the dark, but it was gone too soon above the concrete walls.
    We turned through several hallways and past many agents before the man closest to me shoved me into a glass containment cell. The wall of the circular room was made of bulletproof, magick-proof glass. It was designed for something a lot more destructive than me.
    I sat down on the floor and attempted to pry the cuff off of my ankle with my fingernails, and my fingers soon became coated in blood, only to have someone's voice interrupt me.
    "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Nick Fury chuckled, leaning against the door. I stood, walking up to the glass that stopped me from snapping his neck.
    "Nicolas Fury, how nice to see you again." I spat, pressing my hand to the pane. "You know, I wonder, who was this cage really built for?"
    "You, Volt. Who else would it be for?" I could hear the slight hesitation, see the fear behind his eyes.
    "Correct me if I'm wrong, which I won't be, but I believe," My fingers traces circles on the glass as I spoke. "This cage was built for the Hulk, which means he's been here before."
    Fury visibly tensed, and I smirked. He hadn't thought I was smart enough to connect the dots. He opened his mouth to speak, but firmly closed it, summoning two men with the flick of his wrist.
"The Avengers will be here in a week and a half." Fury turned to the man in a doctor's coat. "By then, I want the best, most terrifying soldier this gods-damned world has ever seen."
Hell is an understatement for the 'minor experimentation' I went through. I was strapped to a table, and before I could protest or fight back, the man and his three assistants each stuck two enormous syringe needles in my arms, and emptied the sky-blue liquid into my veins. I thought that it was over, that the small sting of needles was the end of it but, I was wrong. After the doctor was done, two agents ran through the door, unstrapped me as quickly as possible, and dragged me down the hall to my cell. The men threw me in and yelled to the others nearby to bolt the door. Then, I fell.
The world spun drastically after they bolted the door. A dozen soldiers trained their guns on me as I stumbled over my feet and fell to the floor of my cell. Then, my body became filled with fire and rage and I couldn't see straight and my hands began shaking and oh god I couldn't do this. I couldn't let them do this to me. I couldn't kill anymore. I wouldn't.
    My vision was filled with blood and lightning and death and begging and crying and screaming and they fell together in harmony as I shut my eyes and screamed with them and the world fell into darkness.
And
I
Did
With
It.

A/N - I'm sorry this chapter is so short. The next chapter will be much longer and will hopefully be out today and if not tomorrow.