Call it Karma

The war was ending. Angels were loosing. We were some of the lucky few, who managed to escaped.
By bending the rules of the universe, reincarnation was enabled to angels. We would be reborn in another planet in another body, without loosing our angelic soul.
We had to save our kind.

I silently hoped, to be reborn with him. We hadn't talked much, but he would back me up when fighting. There was a certain harmony when we combined our skills.
Unfortunately our status didn't allow us to associate. I was the generals left arm, and he, just an angel second in command of the east troops. Might not sound like it, but there was a long gap in between.
He wouldn't talk to me, unless it was something of official business.
If I wanted to talk to him in a friendly manner, I knew he wouldn't accept.
So I gave up and start admiring him in secret.
We both knew our worlds were too different to match.

From all the chances, we were born on the same planet. Either by luck, my wishing, or the universe had its reasons. But his reincarnation occurred decades later.
I was reincarnated in the Victorian England. An era of strict values but great aesthetics.
He was born around 1910s and slowly developed a strong love for Jazz. Their bond was stronger than time.

Today in the year of 2017 we saw each other again. Same place, same time, same age.
This time no restrains. Everything seemed in our favour.
We didn't remember who we were. But we had our angel souls, and our warrior spirits were still expressed in many ways. We would attract each other's presence. As it usually happens between angels. But I knew there was something more to it.
I slowly start remembering. It took a year to recall what I know now, and it's still not enough.
After more than a year I tried contacting him...

I tried talking to him, but he wouldn't accept it.

We still carry values from our past reincarnations which makes our worlds even more distant than before.

P.S.
One day we will have to go back. When our kind is healed. And then we will remember everything. 
We must take what once belonged to us, restore our civilisation.