Caller # 9 - Prologue

"Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when th-" I answer my phone cutting my ringtone off.

Who the hell would call me? I thought 

"Ummm hello?" I say awkwardly into the phone.

"Hello! Is this Miss. Jones?" The voice at the other end of the line asks

"Yes...? Who is this?" I reply

"It's Linda from 99.7ChumpFM!" She squeels into the  phone. "You called in 2 weeks ago to enter in a draw to win a 4 day stay at the Mathew Hotel in Florida right?"

--- Flashback to 2 weeks ago ---

When our mommas sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out, we're stresse- 

My mom sister and I were sitting around the table eating dinner when Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots gets interrupted by the radio host. I groan. I hated when they did that; like let us hear the rest of the freaking song!

Alright listeners it's 5:00 and that was the second twenty one pilot song in a row. Be the 9th caller and you will be entered in the draw to stay at Florida! 

I wasn't listening to a word they were saying. I was too busy scowling at my plate of fish and peas to notice that my mom had gotten up and raced to the phone to dial the number.

"Mom why even bother? You'll never actual-" I'm cut off the the sound of my mom's voice from behind me and to the side where the radio is; signaling that she made it through. I stare at her in shock as she is practically jumping up and down. I roll my eyes and share a look with my sister to see her do the same. It's a DRAW, so many people have already been placed in the draw that there is a 1/1000000000 chance that we would actually win. 

"-well congrats! Make sure you are all listening next Friday when we choose the lucky contestant who will win a trip to Florida!!" I hear the radio host say. The conversation ends when Here by Alessia Cara starts playing.

--- End of Flashback ---

I perk up remembering our entry. Wait does that mean... "did we win?" I ask aloud finishing my thoughts. I frown, not remembering hearing our name on the radio. I mentally curse myself for not listening to those bubbly people who interrupt my songs.

"Hello?" Linda says.

Snapping out of my thoughts I reply "Oh. right, sorry... What did you say?" 

"I said you did win we are letting you know ahead of time to make sure you answer so we get your "reaction" on the radio." she states "We'll send you more information after the announcement." She adds as an afterthought.

"HOLY SCHNITZEL!" I yell. I quickly say another thank you and hang up; as the reality of going to Florida kicks in. I jump out of bed and run down the stairs almost tripping, yelling for them to come. 

"What is it? Is someone breaking in? Is everyone okay?" My mom runs into the living room asking frantically; a frying pan in her hands raised and ready to swing.

"Jeez calm down! No one is dead and everything is fine!" I state and I see my mom relax slightly; pan still up. I raise my eyebrows. "Mom, were you about to use a frying pan as a weapon?" I say trying to hold back my laughs. I see her blush and mumble, "It was the first thing I saw." I couldn't control my laughs as I burst into a fit holding my sides shaking.

 At that moment, my sister comes into the room staring at her phone. She looks up and gives us a look of confusion. "What did I miss?" Still laughing I manage to say "Mom- frying pan- killer!" My sister looks over to my mom who has her head down, frying pan still in hand. My sister takes only a moment before she starts laughing too.

"Alright Alright." My mom says sighing. "Then what was the reason you wanted to see us?"

I straighten up remembering why I came down in the first place. I take a deep breath before I say, "oh yeah... We won the draw for a trip to Florida." I say in almost a bored tone. It takes them a moment to register before my mom's face lights up and she and my sister start dancing around like maniacs while I sit down on the couch watching them and smiling at their reaction. 

--- Authors Note ---

Hi my little chicken nuggets! First chapter is OUTTT! I hope to update soon