Chapter 7 - Who cared?

'It was alright there, When I was a teenager, Doing all nighters, didn't have a plan, who cared?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kierans POV:

"Noelle?"

I couldn't believe she was in front of me. Her mouth turned into an O shape as she realised who was in front of her. She opened her mouth to say something but I didn't wait long enough to here it.

I slid out of the booth and walked briskly outside.

I couldn't face her. After what she did, I don't wanna talk to her. A bench was placed by the side of the building and placed my head in my hands.

I felt the bench dip next to me and it was obvious someone had joined me outside.

"I don't blame you for coming out here" Dean spoke. I lifted my head up and sighed.

"What would you do if you were in my situation?" I questioned, turning to face him slightly.

"If that was Evie, I wouldn't be out her" he spoke softly.

"But if Evie did what Noelle did to you, I would probably be right where you are now" he finished, his voice drifting at the end.

Dean squeezed my shoulder before walking back into the diner.

Should I even bother to hear what she has to say? After what she did to me, I don't even know if I can face her. She broke my heart, tore it into a million pieces then moved away. She didn't even tell me. I found out at school by my maths teacher.

She moved away to Australia. Without even a good bye text. That hurt a lot. I knew that she didn't want to talk to me, but moving half way across the world and not telling me? That's something else.

The door of the diner swished open and Noelle walked out. Her green eyes held a fearful expression, her chocolate hair piled on her hair in a bun, her hands were in front of her, her fingers fidgeting with each other.

She walked over to the bench silently and sat next to me.

Several minutes went by without a single word spoken. All you could hear was our steady breathes and the gentle sounds of mother nature.

"I'm sorry" she whispered. Her voice cracked in the middle and a single tear trickled down her cheek.

I refused to look her in the eye. I knew that if I did, all the effort to fix myself would go, and I would break all over again.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and my lighter. She always hated it when I smoked. I want her to think that I don't care if she is here or not.

And I also really needed a pick me up.

I placed one of the fags between my lips and lit it with my right hand, grasping the stick with my left once it was ablaze. I inhaled the poisonous gas and exhaled just as easily, as if I was on my own, with no one beside me.

"You know I hate you smoking" she spoke, a shaky laugh at the end of her words.

It hurt me that she was there. She knew that she broke me. She knew that I never got over her. Yet there she was, trying to speak to me like nothing happened.

"I suppose the band is still together seeing as you were all in there" she spoke again.

"Do you still perform in pubs?" she questioned, her hands dropping to her sides.

"Why are you trying to talk to me like nothing has happened?" I suddenly burst, flicking the cigarette from my grasp, into the dirt.

She sighed heavily and turned her face away.