Chapter 9 - All I wanted was a fake ID

'All I wanted was a fake ID, So I could drink beer with my KFC'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noelle's POV:

"Hello?" Kierans voice rang through the speaker. A smile found its way to my lips as I heard its voice again. Nearly a year without hearing that voice that could calm my nerves and my anger in seconds. I missed that voice.

I took a deep breath and spoke my first words to him in a long time.

"Hi. It's me"

I heard a small gasp from the other end of the line and then a click. A continuous beeping filled my ears and I realised he had hung up. I slowly removed the phone away from my ear and sank down further from where I was sitting on the cold concrete floor.

I know I hurt him a lot, but I thought he would at least let me explain what I needed. I thought that he would at least hear me out, after everything we went through. He was the only other person I could call. I had no idea where my mum was, but wherever she was, I wasn't gonna be hearing from her anytime soon. My dad was a no go, and I never really had that many friends when I lived here a year ago. I kinda ditched everyone else to be with Kieran, Dean, Sean and Kit. They were all I needed.

Sean was always the one that gave me the advice. Whenever I was worried about anything or had any problems, Sean always helped me fixed them. Any time, and day, we was just a phone call away to help me out. It was the night before my science exam, and I was panicking. Science isn't exactly my best subject and I couldn't fail this exam. I rang Sean and he stayed on the phone with me all night. Testing me on subjects I wasn't sure on and calming me down. I never thanked him enough for that.

Then there was Kit. He helped a lot with people at school. There was an incident once where I pissed off this girl at school. Long story short, I was mates with her and she really liked Kieran. So when I started going out with him, she wasn't that chuffed. She turned on me and started sending me some horrible messages. That was until Kit stepped in. He had a right go at this girl. I mean proper threatened her. Some people said he was in the wrong, because he yelled at a girl. But Kit wouldn't ever do that unless someone really annoyed him. And he was only trying to protect me. I'll never forget that.

Dean. Dean taught me a lot. He taught me how to play a few riffs on a drum kit, he taught me how to skateboard. But the most important lesson he taught me was how to play beer pong. I know that sounds so stupid, but it is such a fun game . Giving the fact that he taught me while he was absolutely hammered made it all the more brilliant. I laughed so much that night. He could barely even throw the ball, but he managed, and I now win most games of beer pong.

Finally Kieran. He is Dean, Sean and Kit in one person. He's the one who helped me, who protected me and the one who taught me. But most importantly, he loved me. With those guys, I didn't need any other friends. I didn't need a full family. Because they were it.

I checked the watch on my wrist to see it was nearly half past 8. The sun was starting to set behind the clouds and I knew I had to find somewhere to stay. I picked up my bag and started walking towards the centre of town, hoping that there would be a vacancy at one of the nearby hotels.

The clouds were starting to grey up and the sun was about to disappear from sight. I was nearby town, about a 5 minute walk from where I hopefully would be staying. Walking through town bought back a lot of memories. Some good memories, but some bad memories. Unwanted memories.

*** One year earlier ***

The rain was now pouring down rapidly. My thin jacket was soaked through and my dripping hair with stuck to my forehead. I desperately searched around for Kieran. He couldn't have gone far. He stormed out after our argument. When he threw it back in my face. It was a mistake sleeping with him, but I didn't think Kieran would react like that. I knew he would be mad, but I thought he would at least sit down and talk about it, rather than storming off. That wasn't like him. That wasn't like the new Kieran I knew. The old Kieran maybe. But not my Kieran.