Expanding Expression

A.N: Hey so before you start reading this I just want to mention that this contains gorey themes and mentions blood quite a bit, so if you're sensitive to that kind of thing I recommend that you don't read this story.

Anyway to those who decide to read on, enjoy!

I stared at the man in front of me, his face blank, expressionless. Suddenly, he started to smile. The more I stared, the bigger the smile grew, if I looked away he'd begin to frown.

His smile began to grow so big that it tore the corners of his mouth, splitting the skin. The split skin twitched and shivered, tearing again as the smile still grew. I watched in horror, unable to say anything, unable to move, as this continued, blood pouring from the corners of his mouth, staining his pearly white teeth. He showed no signs of pain, not a grimace or a slight change of expression. Nothing

How is he not in pain?! Was all I could think

I couldn't bring myself to look away, it was like a horror movie happening right in front of me. I couldn't even move, to make him stop, I was frozen in place by this horrific sight. I couldn't even bring myself to look away when the skin on his face split so much it began to fall off and hit the floor. Not even when he fell to the ground, like a huge weight had been dropped on his back, head twitching face first on the ground, blood splattering everywhere, including on my clothes. I was surprised I didn't feel sick or faint. I was only scared, confused, paralyzed by the ordeal in front of me.

I could only stare in terror at the man before me, creating a puddle of dark crimson liquid on the floor. At the man who had managed to decorate the grey tiled floor and the lower wall of the empty subway with spots of red.

A.N: Me again (sorry I just like to talk a lot). I hope you enjoyed this and didn't feel too creeped out!

 Fun fact: This was written as a starter exercise to show what we thought when we heard the term 'expanding expressions'.  (No Lie)

Thanks for reading!

~Gigi