The Haunting

"Hey there, everybody!" came the chipper voice of Bendy as he took confident strides through the door. Ink-splattered beige and yellowish floorboards creaked beneath each step the demon took.

Bendy was an inky demon creature with white gloves and a matching bow tie, black shoes and a pair of small pointed horns. His tail had an arrow-shaped tip and his grin beneath his pie-cut eyes seemed almost permanent.

He kept walking until he saw two shadows by the wall, illuminated by a soft, silvery light.
One shadow was of a feminine figure while the other was a tall wolf; Alice and Boris!

The two were huddled together, Boris whining like a scared puppy. Alice squeaked when she saw Bendy's shadow, exhaling softly in relief when she saw it was just her demon 'friend.'

Bendy raised an eyebrow, looking at his scared wolf friend.
"What's going on, pal?" he inquired, raising a non-existent eyebrow. His sentence was punctuated by an audible thud from just behind the wall, making Boris flinch and whimper again, not saying anything to the demon.

Sure, Bendy had pulled pranks on them once or twice, but this time the pair looked very spooked.
"Hey, what's rattled your cage?" Bendy asked jokingly. Boris looked up with frightened eyes, and Alice gulped.
"I-I think..w-we think that...the set is haunted" Alice squeaked, gazing at Bendy in terror.
"Haunted? whaddaya mean, toots?"Bendy reiterated.

"U-Um, y'know....c-classic haunting stuff" Boris replied shakily, his tail between his legs.
There was a sudden loud crash, as if a vase had been dropped on the floor, making Boris yelp and scamper to the furthest corner of the room. The crash was followed by a small, mournful groan.
He curled his arms around his legs and averted his eyes to the floor, still shaking like a leaf.

Bendy frowned, his smile faltering.

No way was this going on any longer!

"Boris, Alice. It's ok, I'll see to it. No ghost spooks MY friends and gets away with it!" Bendy declared confidently.

"I-I don't think you want to provoke it" Alice said, going close to him and using the same soft voice as before. Bendy put a hand on her shoulder, giving it a small squeeze to reassure her.

"Doncha worry, I'll try not to, honey. I have to check it out, though. Besides, I'm a demon, so what could they do to me?!"
"B-Bendy, wa-"
Before Alice could finish, Bendy left the room.