Chapter I - Fateful Encounter

The sun rose into the sky, lightening the world of Exclesia and waking the villagers from their slumber. Villagers dressed up and rush outside, builders bringing in their tools and supplies to the main plaza and designers bringing their paint brushes and color palette to the homes. Merchants and vendors rushing in and setting up shop and children running straight with glee. For today was a grand event held every year in every village in Exclesia, the Recruit Ceremony. A day where 18-year-olds leave to Risguard Academy to train and learn to become knights, mages, or healers. Only a selective amount get chosen from each village and have to pay in full the tuition fee. But once chosen the young adults to participate in their welcome ceremony before leaving for five to eight years to Risguard Academy. Today was just any ordinary Recruit Ceremony for it was also the start of a legendary journey for eight young warriors.

Ray Nation, an 18-year-old redhead boy mumbled in his sleep, twisting and turning. Cyrus his stepfather came into his room, "Ray! What are you doing still asleep?! You have to get ready for your ceremony!" Cyrus called out to his stepson, but Ray grumbled with swear words under his breath. "Fine then. Then I guess you won't be getting the gift I made for you." Cyrus smirked, slowly walking out of Ray's bedroom. Ray threw his blanket away from him and sat up in a jolt. "A weapon? What is it? Is it a broadsword or a long sword?" His eyes sparkled and with excitement in his blood. "Heh, I knew that would get you up. Although a hello or good morning would work better..." Cyrus answered. Ray laughed and laid his hand on the back of his neck. "Oh whoops, sorry and good morning Cyrus." Cyrus sat down next to him and looked at Ray's pendant, a diamond shaped red fragment hanged on his chest giving a warm radiant feeling from just looking at it; the first and final gift of his deceased mother.

"Are you sure you want to go to Risguard Ray?" Cyrus asked him, his tone was cool and strong. Ray looked into his stepfather's green eyes and nodded. "Of course I do. Mom would of want that and so do I." Ray said. Cyrus gave a faint smile and stood, he walked over the window next to his bed and stared at the rising sun. "If that's your decision then I will respect it. Promise me that while you're at the academy...that you'll get keep practicing your blacksmith skills." Cyrus said. Ray nodded and grinned, "Of course I will." Cyrus looked at him and smiled back, but for a second it could have looked like if Cyrus shed a tear. "Alright then my boy, then get dressed and go on downstairs. I'll be waiting to give you your gift and the last breakfast." Cyrus said as he left his room, closing the door on the way out.

Cyrus walked downstairs as he recalled Ray's childhood. Cyrus found Ray huddle in a bunch of silky grassy green blankets with his mother horribly wounded. She had her head beheaded and the inside of her stomach eaten by a ferocious monster. Her back took most of the damage as there were scars and her spine missing. Ray was a baby when Cyrus found him and took him to his home in Drigrialia Woods. The only thing that was on Ray besides the blanket was the red-diamond fragment, it was probably a special fragment since it looked priceless. After taking Ray to his home he returned to the devour corpse and buried her in his yard. Afterward, he attempted to have other villagers in Drigrialia adopt Ray but they had their own kids to worried about for another one. Cyrus had no choice but to raise the child as his own. He personally trained Ray how to be a blacksmith and make all kind of gear and weaponry. As well as teaching him the basics of education.

When Ray was 10 years of age Cyrus send him to a trainer school where he learned how to defend himself with weapons in case of an emergency. Ray could not learn how to use one weapon in combat but he favored dual weaponry. From then he trained every day, every available time on his spare time to master dual weaponry. He took favor of two scimitars that provided swift agility, light weight and a wide range of attack. While at school Ray befriended Heather, a blonde with a mesomorph build with a favor of daggers. The two trained together day by day eventually becoming the strongest and powerful duo the school ever witness. Equally, they both were matched by their strength, perception, and endurance. However, each one had an advantage and disadvantage to each other. Ray relied on his speed to quickly deflect blows, dodge and perform fast firing combos. However, because Ray solely focused on his strength and agility it makes him futile to damage and interruptions. Any interruption to his attack will leave him wide open for attack. Likewise Heather had an advantage which was stealth, with her light weight she could easily sneak around without making even a fragment of sound. However while she can hold herself in close-combat she can only handle one target at a time, multiple targets make it difficult to focus and she ends up hesitating on her offense and defense.