22

CHAPTER 22

"What about baby names?" Chase asked, flopping the arms of a teddy rabbit.

"We haven't exactly had much time to think about anything." I replied. By order of Nickoli, William and Grace we are out shopping for baby things. Will had insisted that we stop worrying for a day and enjoy the little time of expecting parents as much as we had left.

"Awww- look so cute!" Raffi squealed holding up a fluffy wolf teddy. "I think this is going to be Auntie Raffi's first baby gift."

"Aww." Aiden ruffled it's soft brown fur.

"It looks kinda like you." I giggled. "cute and fluffy."

Blushing, Aiden laughed and pushed the trolley onwards into mother care.

"Grace gave me a list of what we need." I murmured, reading said list. "Bottles, nursery paint, a cot, a pram, blankets, nappies..." I stopped and blushed. "A breast pump..."

"A what?" Aiden choked.

"Ohh I saw one of them on a hospital show- it's for milk and stuff." She said, wrinkling her nose.

"Hey guys check me out!" Chase came running up to us.

Raffi dissolved into laughter. "Where did you get all that from?"

Turning, I saw Chase wearing a floppy, pink dressing gown that was way too big for him and a tall purple medieval princess hat thing. I laughed loudly.

"Over there!" he pointed.

Raffi disappeared and returned wearing small tiara and a yellow feather boa. "Look how fabulous I am!" She exclaimed.

Aiden laughed.

"It's a good look." A stranger said as he walked by, smiling. Raffi whipped round to see him, her cheeks glowing pink.

He was about 6ft tall with shoulder length, curly brown hair and blue eyes that smiled as he looked at Raffi.

"She seems quite taken with him..." I whispered to Aiden.

"Yellow suits you." He grinned.

"Er, thanks." She blushed harder.

"I'd better go- see you around." The guy waved and turned to leave.

As he walked away, Raffi whispered. "Mate..."

"Well don't just let him walk away then!" I urged her. "Go ask him out."

She looked at me and back at the disappearing boy. "I hate it when you're right." She growled and ran after him.

"Finally!" Aiden sighed. "She's found her mate at last! Now she won't work so hard."

I shook my head. "Nah I bet she still will."

"Should we look at paint next?" Aiden asked.

"Sure.... How about red. It's a neutral colour right?"

Aiden screwed up his nose. "It's more of a boys colour- and we may be having a girl."

"What about just white then?" chase suggested.

"That's boring!" I argued.

"Green?" Aiden offered up.

I shook my head. "If you were worried about red being too non-neutral why would you suggest green then?"

I looked around and saw Raffi's discarded feather boa on the floor. "What about yellow?"

He thought and looked around the tins of paint. "Yeah... sunset yellow- a happy colour."

Suddenly, I felt something jolt in my stomach, making me gasp.

"Jamie are you ok?" Chase asked.

"I think the baby just kicked..." I grinned.

Aiden immediately put his hand on my stomach. It kicked again.

"Holy crap!" Aiden exclaimed, joy lighting up his features.

"How come you don't know whether it's a boy or girl? Didn't you ask?" Chase questioned.

Aiden looked at me... "I could text Julien and ask? He has all of the scans."

Smiling I nodded. "Ok."

Within moments, Aiden's phone chimed.

"Wait- Chase you look, so we can hear it together." Aiden passed him his phone without looking.

"You are going to have..." He paused for dramatic effect.

"Tell us!" I urged.

"A girl!" He announced.

My heart soared. "A girl!"

"A girl?" Raffi asked, suddenly appearing with a wide grin on his face.

"congrats guys!" Chase grinned.

Aiden hugged me gently. "We're having a baby girl... Y'know in some ways I'm glad your mother sped up the pregnancy; now I can't wait."