Chapter 7

Chapter 7

When I wake up for almost the third time that day I glance at my watch. One forty- eight. I get up and climb in the shower. I wash my hair and shave my legs. I get dressed in my favorite black bicycle shorts and a black and white striped tank top. I braid back my hair and lace up my sneakers. I grab my broom and head outside. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were already outside.

“Hey,” I say brightly as I approach my friends.

“Oh hi Issy, are you feeling better?” Ginny asks. She was sitting on the grass tugging on her long red pony tail. Harry was staring at her but when he saw me raising my eyebrow he quickly looked away. I coughed loudly and Ron looked at me.

“Someone’s catching a cold,” Ron says glancing at me.

“Oh Ron I’m fine-“I say but I sneezed at the end of my sentence. I sniffled. Ginny reached over and grabbed her purse she handed me a tissue. I sneezed again and wiped my nose.

“Thanks Gin,” I say sniffling. Sev was right; being outside in shorts wasn’t a good idea. I must be catching a cold, my nose was running. My throat felt dry and sore. Everyone was present at three o six and a couple of people had come to watch. Among the crowd I saw Hermione, Luna, Neville, and of course Lavender Brown. I also spotted Sev hiding in the bleachers. I grinned and turned back to Harry. We began our practice with Harry starting a defense plan. We practiced for a couple hours everyone was doing pretty well. Ron did okay, although he looked slightly nervous. I sneezed a lot and my throat ached. I pushed through practice, though. I knew I was just getting sicker. After practice Harry rounded us up.

“We’ve got a good lot this year. I just know we’ll do well in our first match. Okay notes, Ron just calm down, Katie work on smoother passes, and Bella please go down to the hospital wing, you’re getting sick.”

“Oh I’m fine,” I lie after another sneeze. Harry shook his head.

“Alright good practice everyone,” Harry says as he dismisses us. Hermione and Luna met me as I walked to the bleachers.

“Great job, Issy, but Harry’s right you’re getting sick,” Hermione scolds me.

“You really should go get it checked out,” Luna adds. I nod and look around for Severus. I didn’t see him anywhere; maybe he had left. I let everyone leave before me and when Hermione asked I told her I would only be a minute. I spotted Severus under the bleachers waiting for me. I quickly rush towards him. He starts to put his arms around me but I stop him.

“No please, I’m all sweaty and sick,” I complain but he wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead anyway.

“I told Hermione I’d only be a minute,” I sigh.

“I think its best if you lie down and rest.”

“But I’m no longer tired,” I sigh like a child.

“Well you are going to the hospital wing then.”

“No,” I groan wrapping my arms around his waist.

“Yes now get going.” I groan again and complain but I finally go. I trudge to the hospital wing in annoyance. Sev kept winning all of our fights. Well that was going to change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A nice short chapter for you guys. Just in case you thought they were moving too fast, it's already two months into the semester.