Chapter 9

Chapter 9

 Bella’s POV

I walked out of the classroom. I was slightly annoyed that Professor McGonagall had interrupted us. I wanted to be with him for as long as I could. I unfolded the parchment he had given me and read it. It only said one word “Later”. I grinned to myself. Just knowing that I would see him later made my heart feel light. I was much more drawn to him then I should be. To be honest I was a little afraid of how strongly I felt for him. I wasn’t sure it was healthy. I pressed the note to my heart and grinned to myself. On my way back to the common room I tucked the note away and wiped the smile off my face. I entered the common room and spotted my friends. I walk to them and sit down next to Hermione.

“Where were you?” Ron asks me.

“After the trip to the hospital wing I headed to the library. You know, had to get some work done,” I lie.

“You? Wanted to get work done?” Ron asks in disbelief. I nod and grin at him. Ron shook his head at me.

“I’m just becoming more involved with school work,” I lie. Ron looks at me in shock.

“Oh no! Hermione’s gotten to you!” Ron exclaimed.

“Maybe just a little,” I grin as I nudge Hermione.

“That’s a good thing, maybe you two could help me with OWLs,” Ginny sighed.

“I’d love to,” Hermione smiles.

“I’m not sure I’d be much help,” I admit.

“Oh sure you would be,” Hermione says waving her hand. I noticed once again how Harry stared at Ginny.

“Harry, may I speak to you for a moment?” I ask.

 “Sure.”

Alone,” I pressed.

“Oh yeah sure,” Harry said as he got up. We walked over to the far corner of the common room.

“So you fancy Ginny?” I ask.

“No!” Harry exclaimed.

“Harry you can tell me, I’m a girl. I get it.”

“It’s just lately, I don’t know. I’ve been thinking about her as more than Ron’s sister,” Harry admitted.

“That’s okay.”

“No. Ron would kill me and Ginny has a boyfriend,” Harry tells me quickly.

“Well Ginny’s told me that she and Dean are fighting a lot. And Hermione told me Ron had said once he’d rather you be with his sister than someone else.”

“You and Hermione knew?!”

“We’ve had our suspicions,” I reply. I turn away but Harry catches my wrist.

“Please don’t tell anyone,” Harry begs.

“I won’t.”

“No Belle, promise me!” Harry demanded. I grumbled and complained but I finally agreed.

“I promise I will tell no one,” I tell Harry as I lay my palm over my chest.

“Good, thanks Belle.” He grins and we walk back over to the table.

“What was that about?” Ron asks as we sit down.

“I asked Harry what it was like seeing you-know-who,” I lie. Hermione raises an eyebrow. “It’s true,” I mouth to her. “I’ll be right back,” I say standing up.