Don't Ask For Much

It's been about two weeks since we found out about Mikey going missing.
It's been hard on Gerard.
He has barely left his room, he barely eats, and I'm woken up every night, hearing Gerard screaming in his sleep.
Frank started to come over almost every day, trying to comfort his friend.
We've both been failing.
"Y/N?" I hear Gerard say from inside his bedroom. I quickly glance at Frank, surprised Gerard spoke.
He hasn't spoken in a week.
I jog into the room and lean up against the door frame.
Gerard looks at his dresser, staring at nothing in particular.
I don't think he's noticed my presence.
"Hey, Gee?" He looks at me, weakly moving his hand, gesturing for me to sit with him on the bed.
I plop down next to him, looking into his eyes.
Ever since Mikey went missing, Gerard's eyes went blank, like he showed no emotion.
He stares at me with those empty eyes, before reaching up and placing his hand on my cheek. He leans in and kisses me for a few brief moments.
He lets go of my face and looks down.
Gerard hasn't touched me, or anyone, for a while.
"I'm sorry." A tear falls from his left eye. "I've been so selfish. I've been sitting in here, not even thinking that anyone else could be effected by this. I got so caught up in my own self pity, I pushed everyone away, and I'm so sorry, Y/N." I brush a stray piece of his black hair behind his ear.
"Gee, you have nothing to be sorry for. We all understand, he's your brother, it's okay to be sad and upset." He looks at me before pulling me into a warm embrace.
"I love you so much, Y/N." He takes my face in his hands and kisses my forehead as tears flow from his eyes.
"I love you too. Now, can you please come downstairs? I'm worried about you, Gee, you need to eat." I poke his cheek and smile.
"Fine, only if you make me pancakes, though." He smirks, his eyes show happiness as he grabs my hand, leading me into the kitchen.
Maybe the old Gerard is finally resurfacing.

~~~~~~

After Gerard is done eating, Frank goes home, leaving Gerard and me alone.
Gerard starting messing with his hair, then started to laugh.
"What?" I giggle, looking at a hysterical Gerard.

"Wow, I really let myself go. My hair is like, the greasiest it has ever been!" He laughs, clutching his stomach.
"Oh." I giggle, grabbing Gerard's hand and leading him to the bathroom.
We both remove our clothes and step into the shower, letting the warm water hit us.
I take the shampoo and apply a generous amount on top of Gee's head, massaging his scalp to really work the shampoo in.
He leans his head back, letting the soap suds fall to the shower floor.
We switch positions, and he works the shampoo through my (h/l) (h/c) hair.
"Your hair is really soft." he says, playing with a strand between his fingertips. I quickly rinse the soap out of my hair, and feel Gerard hug me. He rests his head in the curve of my neck.
"I missed you." he mumbles into my neck, softly kissing it.
"I missed you too, Gee." I kiss the top of his head and wrap my arms around him.

A/N
Hiii
this was kinda short I'm sorry but I actually know the plot to this story wowza.
I kinda figured it out before even writing it, but now I REALLY know where I want this story to go.
If you haven't realized, the chapters are named after lyrics from a song and COUGH so is the book title.
So basically, if following the song, there should only be around 8-9 more chapters, if I don't repeat chorus stuffff.

I was gonna keep this a secret but surprise there will most likely be a sequel.
I DONT KNOW YET SO DON'T KILL ME IF THERE ISNT.
BUT/
YEAH.

okay.
goodbye thank you for reading and thanks for the votes on the last two chapters <333