Stay Away

-Rosas Perspective-

------------------MONDAY----------------

Adam asked Asia to prom. Asia seemed, shocked, I guess. It was a flash mob. I was one of the lead dancers. She kept glancing at me after he asked. Adam looked broken from her response (She said maybe) they didn't talk for the rest of the day. I got a text from Asia.

'You should've warned me! I feel horrible!!- A'

'We have been practising since, forever.-R'

'But I wanted to go with you ❤-A'

I left her on read. I don't want to ruin our friendship because of how I feel, and she doesn't feel the same I know. She is probably still shaken from yesterday. I don't want her making choices that she will regret later on. She's straight anyway, and I'm very closeted. I don't want to go to prom anyway.

'I know you read it ❤ Stop pretending you didn't❤-A'

'Asia I'm not going. Not going to prom, not going on any dates, nothing! Please, I want us to stay friends as long as possible!-R'

Now I have been left on read. I'm trying to make this friendship work because in the end, She's marrying Adam and I'll be all alone. Which is fine by the way, it's just that she's risking a perfect future with Adam because of a crush I have. Adam is a straight A student and will definitely get a great job, meanwhile, I am ditching classes and being a C student. She'd be happier with him. She'd be safer and better off with him. I cant ruin her life like this.

I block her number and sit on my bed. I don't know what to do now. I could run away and be a nun. My parents wanted me to be a nun. I could become a tattoo artist in LA maybe. I'd get famous and then... She'd want me. Nope. I can make Adam look super appealing? Yeah. That'd work.

'Hey Ad -R'

'Oh My Gosh Rosa how long have you known Asia liked someone else she changed her Facebook status to its complicated and she isn't responding to my texts or my calls and she blocked me on Insta and she posted a black photo and tagged you I didn't read the caption bc she blocked me IDK WHAT TO DO HELP- Ad'

'I'll talk to her Ad -R'

I unblock her number and get a swarm of texts and missed calls. I call her, without thinking

"Oh my gosh Rosa I thought you died! Don't ever do that again!"

"ADAM IS HAVING A PANIC ATTACK RIGHT NOW, YOU GUYS EXCHANGED PROMISE RINGS AND YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING MARRIED IN THE SUMMER AND OH MY GOSH DUDE WHAT THE HELL?" 

"IT'S BECAUSE IM HAPPY WITH YOU AND I KNOW YOU'RE HAPPY WITH ME!"

"YOU'RE MORE FINANCIALLY STABLE WITH ADAM!"

"I DON'T CARE I LOVE YOU"

I ended the call and threw my phone in the rubbish. I can't believe she is throwing away a stable relationship for me. She's smart but she isn't thinking straight. She needs to think with her brain, not her heart, or she'll never get anywhere in life. I grab my phone to call Adam because he needs to know whats going on.

"So did you talk to Asia"

"Umm yeah, about that... She likes me? I guess? But I have told her she needs to be with you so... I dunno anymore?"

"DUDE HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN"

"Since Saturday, chill dude I'll figure it out okay?"
I ended the call, and walked downstairs, grabbing a box of cereal, my little sister, Noah, was in the kitchen cutting a banana with a spoon.

 "What're you doing?" Noah asked in her 'I'm 7 but I sound 3' voice 

"Getting cereal. What are YOU doing?" I asked, putting another handful of raisin bran into my mouth. 

"Eating banana, durr" Noah smiled, shoving 3 pieces in her mouth at once, before taking her plate upstairs and probably feeding her toys banana too.

I put a fistful of cereal in my mouth, before pouring some into a large bowl. I grab the orange juice and messily pour it in the bowl. I grab a dessert spoon and walk back to my room. I sit down at my desk and open an incognito google tab. I search "How to stop crushes" Nothing comes up, obviously. I hesitantly walk up to my phone. 30 missed calls, all from Asia, and one text.

'I am coming over right now. -A'

I immediately begin panicking. I know for a fact that I still love her and that it'll be impossible to tell her otherwise. Noah was picked up by a friends mother a few minutes ago, so I'm home alone. Part of me wants to tell her I love her and be with her forever, but I know it's not the best for her. I start to seriously panic, suddenly there is a knock on the door, and then it opens. Damn, I never should've told her where the spare key is. Asia yells 

"I know you're here, honey." Before opening my bedroom door. Her face is red and puffy, her eyes bloodshot. 

"I hate you" She sobbed before kissing me. She pulls herself away and falls onto my bed, wiping her eyes. 

"Why? Why can't you let me love you?!" She sobbed. I sat down next to her and held her.

 "You and I both know that you'd be more stable with Adam-" She cuts me off

 "Stable b-but UNHAPPY!" She cried, holding me back. I kiss her forehead. 

"You need to calm down. You're making a huge mistake." I mumble into her hair, it smelled faintly of cigarette.

 "You visited Adam, didn't you," I asked her, calmly. "

"Yeah, he said its o-over and that I'm a l-lesbian s-s-swine. Then he told me I was u-ugly anyways" Asia cried. I looked at her face. 

"You aren't ugly." I kissed her. She pulled away.

"I- I love you." She smiled

"I love you, too." I smiled back