Chapter 20

East had slaved over the designs of Phase 3 of Tuscany over the whole weekend. The draft plans on Kevin Whitman's desk first thing Monday morning done to perfection much to Kevin's amazement. All East could do was gloat shoving in his face that he can produce no matter how impossible it may seem. East knew he could never have made it without Ben's help realizing what a true friend he was to him.

East was busy the entire week securing the licenses and the approvals. The construction of Tuscany getting underway making him proud of what he had accomplished. He was in the site most of the time making sure that the operation was going on smoothly. He came to work early and left very late. East rarely saw Nicole missing her terribly. The only happiness he felt was that things were good between them. It seems he had finally broke down that thick wall that separated them. But still every day he sent her flowers without fail with little notes of love coming straight from his heart. Just to let her know that she was always in his thoughts no matter how busy he was. He felt really tired. All his bones ached. East needed rest badly as he fell asleep on the couch in the office dreaming dreams of Nicole.

On the other hand Nicole could only smell the array of lovely roses East sent in her apartment. The card was simple saying "I miss you!" in his handwriting. Those little thoughts touching Nicole. She knew he was working hard but she missed seeing him. Gone was the bitterness she felt with East instead she craved being with him. Enjoying at least his company even if she knew she could not offer East more than that.

The reality was that Kevin was still her boyfriend. Nothing changes things. After the bowling incident Nicole felt even more Kevin's attention somehow scared that she would be lost to him. The buzzing on her door brought her back to reality. There was another delivery with another array of red and pink roses in a beautiful arrangement. Nicole excitedly read the card. This time it was from Kevin. It read.

My darling...Be beautiful for me tonight. Want everything to be special for you my love. Pick you up at 7. It was signed with Kevin's name.

What was this all about? Nicole thought to herself seeing her apartment filled with roses. From Kevin's words it was going to be a special night. Her heart was expectant beating widely. Could it be? She didn't want to go into conclusions. Nicole was confused enough as it is. She had waited for this moment from Kevin but why wasn't she excited. All she could see was East's flowers surrounding her place. Having East's love all over again and not knowing what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicole prepared herself beautifully that night even arranging her hair in a wave of curls that framed her face. She wore a one sided silver grey sequined dress with a killer slit on the side exposing her tanned shapely legs. She wore minimal makeup but her skin was radiant cheeks glowing. What the night would hold with Kevin she didn't know but it was something she knew would be extra special.

The doorbell of her apartment rang at exactly 7pm. Nicole was expecting Kevin but a well dressed attendant was by the door addressing her name and instructing her to follow him.

Where's Kevin? she asked the attendant. Oh you'll know later Ms. Shepard. Mr. Whitman asked me to pick you up and bring you to your favorite restaurant Le Soufflé.

A surprise indeed Nicole thought excitedly. What Kevin was planning she had no idea but she was exceptionally thrilled about what was in store.

Instead of Kevin's Porsche it was a black limousine that fetched her much to Nicole's amazement. Inside was another dozen red roses with a card inside with a note of Kevin.