Getting closer

James Pov

I spent a quality time at John's house before reaching Richard's Mansion.

It was a beautiful evening, the sun didn't set still and the weather was calm , cool air from the sea water kissed my skin as soon as I entered the gates.people always say the weather is always calm and pleasant before any big storm hits the earth.

Uncle Richard and Jasmine were found wearing party dresses and wandering in the garden.
Oh no not again, do they have to party all the time.

To my dismay Jasmine noticed me immediately "hey James, I have been looking for you, where have you been?"
"It's personalIcan'ttellyou"I mumured to myself.

"Huh? Sorry I didn't get you"
I tried not to smile and pressed my lips harder into a thin line.
"I met an old friend, he invited me to have lunch with him" I tried hard to keep myself strong, not to show any particular emotion.

Uncle Richard cleared his tone.He seemed to understand my uneasiness.
"Jasmine, don't be bossy darling, James has got freedom to go anywhere" he placed his hands around Jasmine's shoulder affectionately and pulled her into a small hug.
Jasmine rolled her big Emerald eyes
"Come on Dad, what did I say now?"
"Mam, please excuse me I want to go to my room and take rest" I stormed to my room without looking back, As I feared that they may ask me to stay back and join the party which I was in no mood to. I knew both of them got disappointed by my behaviour, but I couldn't help.

I dugout my phone and got surprised to see a message from an unknown number.
"Hey James ! How are you my boy! Just now I got the good news from my sources, am very happy for you, good, I am gonna support hundred percent in your journey, but make sure that you are going far away from Jasmine, ASAp"

Surprisingly I am not shocked to see this message, I was sure that someone followed us while we were discussing about our plans in the coffee shop.

Definitely the person whoever followed us is very close to me and Jasmine, he is somewhere in the house, or in the office.

But whom would I suspect? There are around hundred employees working under Jasmine!.

"Whew! what a mess , why can't Lawrence understand that Jasmine has mere attraction, its just her infatuation towards me" I started talking to myself.

"Can I come in James?" Uncle Richard knocked on my door.

I swallowed hard to suppress the stress I am going through, I smiled at him.

"Would you mind if Jolly joins me James?"
"Hey Jolly, how are you? I haven't seen you from past two days"

Jolly peeped a little from behind her father and gave out a sweet smile, she has eyes exactly like her sister. I observed that she wore an expensive pink and white frock.She looked like mini Jasmine. I must say a mini Angel.

"You look beautiful Angel! And what's that in your hand"

"This is an invitation from my side to you, you know usually I do not give invitations to everybody, I invite only my friends , please can you accept my invitation " she took a heavy breath after talking continuously for few seconds.

I looked at Richard in confusion.

"Please open the invitation James"

I took out a small card from the envelope and found out a beautifully written invitation.

"It's your birthday Jolly"
I hit my temples with my right hand "oh I am fool, I forgot, am sorry Jolly, I Am really Sorry "

I pulled her into a hug "happy birthday to my Angel" I kissed on her hand and she giggled.
"James, can I ask for you a gift today?"
"Oh sure Jolly"
She came a little forward and closed my eyes.
"James, please do not open your eyes, while I am talking to you ok?"
"Ok" I closed my eyes harder.
"James, will you marry me?" Having said this she burst into laughter and so uncle Richard.
It took me few seconds to clearly understand what she just said and I joined their laughter too.
"Finally! Yay!! You laughed James" she started jumping and hugged her dad.
"Thanks Jolly , but I am sorry I am not ready for the marriage "
"Oh" she joined her hands and beat it hard on her chest "please don't break my heart sweetie " she laughed once again.
"James, if left Jolly would never allow you to get ready"
"Yeah, Jolly please can you leave to the party hall , I shall get ready within few minutes"
Richard and Jolly turned to leave, but before leaving Richard turned back and signalled me towards the wardrobe.
"James, tonight I am going to introduce the most influential persons of the city, I want you to wear one of the best dresses in there and look more handsome than usually you are" he winked and left the room.
I looked at the small card in my hand and laughed once again.

I took a super hot bath, wrapped a towel and went towards the wardrobe. I made sure the door of my room is locked properly.

I opened the wardrobe and was shocked to see a set of new dresses in there, I looked at this one particular black suite which caught my attention immediately.

I wore a blue shirt with the black coat on. I preferred to wear khaki pants.Since Richard asked me to look more handsome, I looked around and checked for a suitable tie.

After few seconds I decided to put on a blue tie with black stripes.This is the first time I am wearing a tie.
"Oh no I am not a trained gentle man, My dad trained me how to drive a tractor, but didn't think that I have to wear a tie one day"
I folded the tie into a circle but since the cloth was too silky it kept on sliding away from my hands.

I finally got exhausted with the behaviour of the stupid tie and decided to leave the room.

I decided to wear a pair of black shoes and bent down to open a closet, just then I saw a pair of legs moving behind the long black and brown window curtains.

My heart started beating faster looking at someone else in the room,I swallowed hard before reaching the place where the person was standing, I tilted my head to a forty five degree angle to get the clear picture of who was standing in there.

I turned my hands into fists to give a nice blow when the person would try to move forward.
Surprisingly the lights were turned down by the person before I could see the face.

I saw the person moving slowly and caught him from behind when he tried to run towards the door.
"Caught you bastard"
"James, please leave me I am sorry, ouch it hurts"

I got startled to hear the voice and left the person immediately. I searched for the switches and put the light on.

Jasmine!

She was standing like a beautiful greek goddess, her thin alluring waistline was clearly visible through her Red dress, her lips moved a part while she moved gracefully towards me.
I cleared my throat and shoot her a shocking look.
"What are you doing in my room Mam and when did you come?" I couldn't suppress my smile.

She laughed a little " I am here from the time , before you changed into this beautiful suit, but don't worry I closed my eyes " she blushed saying these words.
Quite embarrassed by her words I raked my hands through my hair.
She looked at me mockingly and shook her head as if she remembered something.

She came a little closer to me and bent down to take the tie which I threw on the bed earlier.

"Uncle Harry didn't teach you how to put on a tie huh" she looked at me teasingly.
She took the tie in her hands and moved closer to me, and started putting it around my neck.
I could feel her hot breath on my skin and my body shivered with excitement, she was like a sweet torture.she knew I was feeling uncomfortable.

What a naughty girl!

She smiled wickedly as her emerald eyes shone bright, her looks were so deep and breathtaking.My heart beat  took its own pace by her touch.
I twisted my hands in my pockets to kill my urge to kiss her, For her annoyance I pulled away from her and looked  straight into her eyes.

Don't hurt her, she likes you!
Just kiss her she likes you!
My fluttering heart kept on warning me not to hurt Jasmine's feelings.
But my brain wouldn't listen.

"Mam we are getting late for the party"
She looked at me embarrassed rather disappointed, her gaze fell down as she felt she has done something wrong.
"I am sorry I shouldn't have entered your room when you were away" she said shyly tucking a flock of her hair behind her ears.
"That's alright, and thanks for helping me with this tie"
We both walked out of the room silently, but our hearts as I knew were really disappointed, they were sad as their feelings were killed.

Forgive me Jasmine, if you can for this time alone.
I swallowed hard as I had to hurt the only girl I like in this world, the only girl who liked me so much!