Part 11: It's Over

"Speaking"
Thoughts or stressed words
Narration
=======================================================================
Kei's POV - Dream
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm in another fucking dream. Great. I could tell since I was back under that apple tree where I had heard that ominous as hell voice saying Eve over and over again.

To makes things even better, the damn tree only now appeared to be deader than my social life.

Yeah, that's not creepy. I examined the tree for a little bit longer until I felt a small draft of wind move my hair.

I turned around and found myself to be faced with none other than Karlheinz. I had nothing to say, so I remained silent and quietly observed.

The silence between us was tense yet also somehow easy-going. While I stood alert, he stood tall with a clear amusement at the current situation.

He was the first one to break our little standoff.

"It is good to see you, Kei. It has been a while."

I didn't answer as I knew my words would have been wasted on him. He chuckled softly at my silent front and turned towards the very dead tree.

He raised his pale hand and caressed the lifeless bark. I couldn't see his expression as his back was turned towards me, yet I could still tell that he was saddened by the tree's condition.

"Such a shame, isn't it?"

I sighed and was about to comment that he should get on with whatever the hell he was going to do, but I was cut off before I could start.

He swiftly turned back around to face me and said, "But it's expected," and smiled.

"Ne~, Kei? What do you think about the story of Adam and Eve?"

"What the hell does that have to do with anything, old man?" I seethed.

"Oh, so much more than you realize. Just know that you are so much more than Eve. So much more. You're potential is limitless in my eye."

"Weird...you are crazier than I remember. I'm actually impressed."

"Crazy or not, I am still right and always will be, child. It appear that your time with my blood sons has come to an end and for now you must remain with the Mukami brothers until fate changes itself once again."

He ends his random dialogue by tossing a small object towards me. I catch it easily and then examined it curiously. I recognized it as the ring I had received from him on my birthday.

I look up from my hand with the intent to question Karlheinz about it only to see that I was alone once more.

Fog suddenly surrounded me completely until I could no longer see any thing clearly and I unceremoniously passed out.