Chapter 10

The next morning, Sonic was just sitting on a couch at Tails's lab while staring at the magic flower, Lavren. Tails was there doing some research on the computer.

"Tails, how many days is left for this flower to fully grow?"

"Probably three more weeks"

Sonic sighed and kept staring at the flower. While doing that, he started to remember the time when he talked to Shadow yesterday.

"So kissing me is not a weird thing to you now?" Sonic asked sarcastically while folding his hands.

"Yes, i am used to it in a day" Shadow said with a smirk.

Sonic bang his head on the hand of the couch repeatedly while mumbling "fuck" as quiet as he can. He can't get what Shadow said yesterday out of his mind and it really bugs him.

"Sonic stop banging your head on the couch" Tails said.

Sonic groaned and decided to go back to the house. When he was just out from the glass door he saw Shadow walking towards him. It looks like Shadow was calling him but Sonic just immediately blushes and went back inside the lab. Tails saw Sonic hiding behind his desk and sighed.

"Is Shadow here?"

"Yes!" Sonic shouted.

They both heard the door opened and Shadow stepped in.

"Faker why the hell did you run away when i called you?" Shadow asked, a bit irritated.

"B-because my body starts to feel weird when i'm near you" Sonic said while still hiding.

"Right...i have to talk to you so meet me outside when you're ready and stop whining" Shadow demanded and walked outside.

Tails got off from the chair and walk to behind the desk to see Sonic curling like a ball.

"Sonic just go out there and talk to him" Tails smiled softly and attempted to pull him out.

"No! I mean...just let me take my time" Sonic said, looking at Tails then down again.

"Alright. I'll be going out to the library, will you be fine all alone?" Tails asked.

"Yeah i'll be fine" Sonic smiled an unsure smile at Tails as Tails smiled back.

"Okay, well see ya" he said before leaving.

Sonic took a deep breath to calm himself. He peeked out of the desk to see Tails talking with Shadow. After that he left. Sonic blushed again as he saw Shadow waiting for him outside. He's waiting for him to be ready just to talk to him.

Why is Shadow suddenly being nice to him? Usually he would grab Sonic's legs and drag him outside. But now he's just waiting for Sonic to be ready. That's like the very last thing he would do for Sonic.

"Alright...just...it's just a talk..." Sonic sighed and finally decided to meet Shadow.

He walked out of the lab and Shadow saw him. Sonic couldn't stop blushing and turned his head to the other side, hoping Shadow wouldn't notice his pink cheeks.

"So...what did you want to talk about?" Sonic asked, standing beside Shadow.

"Well uh...i'm just here to clear things out. So i'm guessing you actually have feelings for me?"

Sonic instantly stare at Shadow completely shocked. His face was still in a shade of red and he couldn't hide it anymore. Shadow saw the bright color on Sonic's cheeks and smirked.

"So it's a yes?"

"S-stop messing around with me! You s-stupid...faker"

Sonic couldn't think of anything else to say about it. He just kept staring at Shadow irritatingly while Shadow kept smirking at him.