-2-

"I control life. I can bring the dead to life and heal people. I was sent here to find my doppelganger and train him to learn his power, which would be the opposite of mine. You are my doppelganger, my mirror image, my twin. I am from another earth. Someone killed their doppelganger on my earth and that person is evil here. We have to work together to find that person because on the summers solstice if they succeed in killing me we will all die." Luke went on mumbling something about mass destruction, atomic bombs, or something around those lines. My mind was going haywire taking in all that information.
"WAIT!? So your my twin from another earth? You have powers that opposes mine? I HAVE POWERS!?" I was shouting at the top of my lungs when my mom knocked on the door.
"You alright?" She asked from behind the door.
"Yah, just...um...homework?" I said weakly. Luke was laughing, sitting on my desk and hugging my giant bear that my little sister gave to me for my birthday last year. My mom walked away.
"Why don't I just show you my powers, huh?" Luke grinned slyly. He grabbed Stuffy, my giant bear that my sister named, and laid his hands on it. His eyes were closed and he appeared to be constipated. A warm glow spread throughout the bear and Luke took his hands off it. Yah impressive. You can glow. I thought. Suddenly, the bear leaped into the air and started dancing in the room, startling me so much I fell off the bed.
"OH MY LEAPING LIZARDS! THAT'S AMAZING!?" I shouted, once more losing my mind. Luke smirked.
"Shush. Your mom might come in again to see a dancing bear and you losing your mind." I gaped at the bear who promptly collapsed at the touch of Luke's hand.
"Teach me!"
"Two weeks. You agree then?"
"Agree to what?"
"Helping me defeat the evil twin running rampage in your "oh so beautiful" city."
"Yah sure. Why do you even care?"
"Oh, i don't care but I need my twin to live or I die and that evil thing is looking for you so that they can control death. If they control death, then life dies too." Luke responded, almost seriously. I nodded and kicked him out of my room for the night so I could think of Everly and my powers. The next morning, I awoke to Luke sleeping on stuffy.
"Hey Luke! Get out! What th-" Luke woke up and grinned, his eyes half closed.
"Morning! The circus is going to the moon with pizza!" He mumbled and fell back to sleep.
"LUKE!" His eyes snapped open and a beam of light shot out at me.
"OW!?"
"Sorry. Sorry." He cringed, pulling on a green hoodie over his light pink shirt. His fashion choices weren't the best on this Earth.
"Are you going to school with me?" I asked, brushing my tangled waves of hair.
"Unfortunately, I must to scout out the twin." He got up and jumped out the window unexpectedly, ended in a somersault, and landed standing up like a gymnast.
"Meet me at the park. In the restricted area." Then Luke disappeared towards the high school.
"BUT THE GIRL, EVERLY!?" I shouted after him. Down the street I heard him faintly yell back,"FORGET THE GIRL!! YOU CAN SKIP WITH HER ANOTHER DAY!"
Argh. The guy was so irritating. When do I ever skip?! I thought, annoyed with Luke. Sliding down the stairs, I sat at the table and made myself a bowl of cereal, then proceeded to stuff my face full. My parents had left for work and to take my sister to school. That's when I noticed dark vines creeping along the wall. It was a black color, almost purple, with long thorns that pricked everything in its way. It was a living plant, somehow I could feel its life force connected a human. Wait, a human? A plant is connected to a HUMAN? I jerked around and was pushed to the ground by a vine. Another Vine destroyed the cereal box. Well, there goes my snack and breakfast, I thought, mournfully. I looked up and saw a big metal box that was about to fall on me,only held by one vine.
"LUKE!!"
Luke jumped through the window. What is up with him and windows!?
"Oh good job. You found it before me." The metal box squeaked dangerously over my head, the vines pinning me down.
"OK, Felix this might hurt a bit. Not to much, just a little. Hold on!" Luke held out his hands and a large blast of glowing light flew from his hands. My skin felt like it was ripping to shreds. I let out a loud scream. The vines got bigger and more thornier as more life flowed from His hands. Luke stumbled, his energy was gone. He fainted onto the floor and if it were the proper time I would have told him," Who's the little girl now?" Then it hit me. The answer for getting rid of these vines.
I myself was death. I could kill the vines and possibly the person. The only problem with my plan was that I didn't know how to use my powers, or if I even HAD powers. I concentrated on my hands.
"Come on! Be a little ball of death!" I told myself. Or a stick, I thought just as the box fell. I snapped my fingers, then I fainted like a little girl.

A.N.
I'll try to write a part of this story everyday! Vote and comment!!!
~Summers