Chapter 9: What is the Plan?

After Rocket was done beating up a  patch of grass we came to an agreement and got into the Milano and flew up to space to save Peter and Gamora. Once we were in front of the ship Drax fired as Rocket spoke on the mic.

"Attention, idiots. The lunatic on top of this craft  is holding a Hadron Enforcer. It's a weapon of my own design. If you don't hand over our companions now, He is gonna tear your ship a new one. A very big new one! I'm giving you to the count of five. 5, 4, 3..." as Drax charged the weapon.

"Rocket, It's for me, for God sakes! We figured it out! We're fine!" Peter said on the mic on their ship. "Oh hey, Quill. What's going on?"

Once we all came over to the ship Peter explained that we're going to steal the stone back. "You call that figured it out? We're gonna rob the guys who just beat us senseless." Rocket said. "You want to talk about senseless? How about trying to save us by blowing us up?" Peter said.

"We were only gonna blow you up if they didn't turn you over!" "And how on earth were they gonna turn us over when you only gave them a count of five?" "We didn't have time to work out the minute of the plan. This is what we get for acting altruistically." "I am Groot." "They are ungrateful." Peter and Rocket were about to open their mouths again when I got in between. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Chill." I said. they back off. 

"What's important now is we get the Ravager's army to help us save Xandar." Gamora reminded us. "So we can give the Stone to Yondu who's just gonna sell somebody even worse?" " We'll figure that part out later." Peter said and Gamora said. "We have to stop Ronan." I crossed my arms and start to think. "How are we going defeat Ronan, if we don't know what that Stone is capable of." I mumbled.

" Secondly, I don't even believe you even have a plan. I heard Rocket say as I released my arms. I have part of a plan!" "What percentage of a plan do you have?" Drax asked. "You don't get to ask questions after the nonsense you pulled on Knowhere." Gamora said. "Hey, I know he pulled off that dumb stuff, but he did it for revenge." I said to Gamora. "Thank you, young warrior." Drax said. I smiled.

"  But, I just saved Quill." Drax said continuing the conversation. "We've already established that you destroying the ship that I'm on is not saving me." Peter said. "When did we establish it." "Like five seconds ago!" I said. "I wasn't listening. I was thinking of something else." Gamora sighed rolling her eyes and sat down.

"She's right. You don't get an opinion. What percentage?" Rocket asked. "I don't know. Twelve percent." Peter said. I stared at him wide-eyed. "What the fu-" I was about to say. "Twelve percent?" Rocket asked then started to laugh. "That's a fake laugh." "It's real!" "Totally fake." "That is the most real, authentic, hysterical laugh of my entire life. because that is not a plan."

"It's barely a concept." Gamora agreed. "You're taking their side?" "He does have a point." I said. "I am Groot" "So what, it's better than 11%? What the hell does that have to do with anything?"

"Thank you, Groot. Thank you. See? Groot's the only one of you who has a clue." Peter said as Groot eats a leaf  off his shoulder.

"Guys. Come on. Yondu is gonna be here in two seconds. He excepts to hear this big plan of ours. I need your help. I look around at us. You know what I see? Losers. I mean, like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have. Man, we have. All of us. Our homes, our families, normal lives. And, usually, life takes more than it gives. But not today. Today, it's given us something. It has given us a chance."

"To do what?" Drax asked. "To give a shit." "For once. Not run away. I, for one, am not gonna stand by and watch as Ronan wipes out billions of innocent lives."

"But, Quill, stopping Ronan, it's impossible. You're asking us to die." Rocket said. "Yeah, I guess I am." Peter then sighed and turn his back to us