The Stage Is Set

April 1956: Russian Republic

It has been a little more than two weeks since Kaiser was assassinated. The Liberators were granted pardon and were never heard of in the capital. Until now. The KGB reports that the Liberators secretly fled to Japan and has raised an army from six different points: Kagoshima, Hiroshima, Osaka, Nagaoka, Toyama, and Nagoya. While the Russian government tried to keep information from being leaked, the media got wind of the situation shortly before action breaks out.  The forces from Osaka, Nagaoka, Toyama, and Nagoya charge straight to the provincial capital of Tokyo, with the Kagoshima and Hiroshima forces coming for Tokyo as well. All of it were caught in camera, and war correspondents are having a field day.

Longinus, leading the Osaka division, orders to all channels, "Maintain radio silence. You have been briefed. We'll meet you there. Over and out!"

He then turns to Barotov, who rode the jeep with him, "What's with the long face?"

Barotov shook his head and answered, "I should ask you. Why take Tokyo?"

"Comrade, the prestige of Tokyo as Japan's capital is more than you can imagine. If we take the city, we can proclaim an independent country! A country to match the republic!"

"Unbelievable! You intend to let the Japanese fight for our cause?"

"What all these people want liberty, my good man. Sou desu ka?", Longinus said as he turned to the Japanese driver.

The driver responded with a quick "sou da!" Longinus simply asked, "Is it not?" and the Japanese driver answered, "It is!" or "Indeed!"

Barotov points to the driver, "Uh, this man can understand us?"

Longinus just shrugged.

Meanwhile, the people in the Russian capital of Moscovia has been purposely left behind the news by the KGB as the government discussed the recent developments.

"We must declare martial law!", the young Octavian thundered in the war room, the part of Kaiser's Palace where the late dictator used to plan his campaigns whenever he was in the capital.

The room was packed with some of Kaiser's remaining generals, as well as Kaiser's remaining admirals just parallel who tend to oppose the generals.

"You're too soft, sport! Total war is what they deserve," Lepidov slapped Octavian's back with force, enough to make him fall from his chair.

Antony just stared at the map, which had the dispositions of the military forces represented by miniature figures of soldiers (for infantry), tanks (for armor), planes (for aircraft), ships (for fleets), and guns (for artillery). Sitting as he seemed deep in thought, his head was just over his hands clasped together.

Lepidov turned to Antony and said with an accusing finger, "This is your fault, Antony! Had you let us march through the Senate or wherever they hid their butts in..."

Antony slammed the map, almost putting the figures in disarray. Lepidov was taken aback, and so was Octavian, who just recovered from his fall from the chair.

"Shut up, Aemilio! All is well," he responded while he gazed at the map again, looking at neither Lepidov, Octavian, and the rest of the admirals and generals present in the room.

Konstanin Zhukov, one of the generals, spoke, "Lord Antony. If I may?"

"Quit the silly adjectives, Konstantin. Sir is good enough."

"Yes, Sir Antony," Zhukov nods and then turns to the rest of the people present, "Our ultimate plan is to crush the Liberators in one decisive military action."