Another Chance

I went back into my room after yet another long and boring day. I sat on my bed and felt the presence I had become so used to, wash over me yet again.

I lay back on my bed, closing my eyes and feeling sleep willingly take me. My eyes opened yet again to see him on top of me, his gaze traveling across my face as his fingers entwined with mine. He smiled softly as he leaned in and gently kissed me.

"Did you miss me?"

I nodded shyly, watching as he slid my clothes off.

"Darling," His voice was soothing, making me feel oddly relaxed. "It couldn't be that you're falling in love with me could it?"

I tried to avoid his gaze, only to feel his cold hand grab me, turning my chin to face him and stare into his harsh eyes.

"Well?"

"What if I am?"

"It's not because you love me. It's simply an illusion of love."

"Could you love me back?"

He grew silent, his eyes changing from yellow to silver in an instant.

"I'm not able to love."

I felt a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, a growing sadness.

"If I do love you, what would happen?"

"Things would change."

"How?"

He shook his head, his fingers climbing up my body as he kissed my neck.

"It's never happened before, I can't say. No one could fall in love with my kind. Incubi can't be loved, it's not that easy."

"How can you just say that? I think," I swallowed nervously, feeling him nipping at my skin as I knotted my fingers in his translucently brown hair. "I think I love you."

He paused, smirking as he stripped.

"If it's true love, I suppose we'll figure out won't we?"

_

I woke up the next morning, as always, looking forward to night.

When it came, I always felt happier. I suppose that should be strange. As he said, it's not as if you can fall in love with a demon right? That shouldn't be possible.

"Good morning princess."

I looked around, trying to figure out where the voice was from, only to see a shadowy figure, nearly transparent, standing in front of me.

"Aren't you supposed to disappear in the morning?"

Kai frowned, looking down.

"Can't you tell? I almost have."

"Why is it taking longer for you to leave?"

"We're figuring out whether it's really love."

With those words, I couldn't see him anymore, all I could he was his whisper.

I just wondered what he meant.

_

"You're not as translucent as you were before."

He smirked kissing me and pushing down on my shoulders. His breath was already speeding up as his lips tickled my body.

"Are you worried?"

"What do you mean?"

He paused, lifting his hand.

"Are you afraid I might not be 'just a dream'?"

The question shocked me. Although I had come to thing of him as real and always with me, I never thought of him as being... Well... Not that kind of "real" anyway.

He spread my legs, his hand sliding down my inner thigh.

"Well, are you afraid now?"

_

I opened my eyes, thankfully it was Saturday so I had plenty of time to focus on my confusion. I shut my eyes again, tighter, hoping to fall back asleep and ignore the world for another hour.

I heard a small noise, somewhat of a crinkling sound, and felt the bed shift. I felt warmth around my waist and quickly, my eyes flew open. I felt a heat on my neck and heard rustling near my ear.

"Darling, don't you think it's time to wake up?"

I felt a light kiss on my neck and instantly spun to face the now perfectly-opaque boy. He looked even better this way, his hair was shinier and falling down in messy brown locks, his lips seemed softer and a brighter pink, and his skin was perfectly toned. He was, honestly, the most breathtaking sight I had ever seen.

He let out a small sigh as he sat up slowly, his hair falling into place as he rubbed his eyes. He was completely naked with nothing but the blankets covering him, and that's when I realized I was completely naked too. I didn't want to lay there feeling completely defenseless, but I didn't want to sit up either, so I just... Let him climb on top of me as an innocent smile curled on his lips.

"Do you see now? You're love was real, so you made me real."

"How is that even possible?"

I swallowed nervously. Somehow, having him as a ghost was much less intimidating than having a real boy laying on top of me. He leaned over, kissing my neck and slowly sitting up, looking at the surroundings around him. His eyes were a perfect, solid brown and they felt safer than the normal silver he usually had. He pulled off the blankets that were still hanging over him and stood, picking up a pair of jeans and sliding them on. He bent over, looking at himself in the mirror and messing with his hair.

"You seem used to this?"

He smiled, turning back to face me as I still lay uncomfortably, propped against a pillow.

"I was human not too long ago. I died, when I was still only nineteen. I even had a girlfriend. But you know, despite the image I always kept, it didn't seem to help. On the inside I was a demon, so that's what I became." He looked down, his gaze glazing over for a moment as his voice lowered. "I suppose that was just an extension of my punishment." He fixed his hair to the point of satisfaction and turned back to me, his tanned skin shimmering slightly in the sun that he most likely hadn't felt in ages. He gave me a gentle smile, walking closer. "This, I suppose, is my second chance, and it's thanks to you that I get one." He outstretched his hand and I looked up at him curiously.

"How could I be responsible for giving you another chance? What did I do?"

"You gave me love that I didn't get to experience in my past life." His eyes were warm as he reached for my hand and helped me get up. "So now, we start a life together."