Prolouge.

"I love you."
Whenever I hear these words, I feel like I took a pill of ecstacy. I feel so high, on cloud nine, flying. But some how, these words keep me sane. It's like my own personal anchor to the world.

"I love you too. Forever."
"Forever."

He laces his hands onto mine and looks into my eyes. His gaze feels like a drug, that I can't get enough of. He stares in my soul. Bright amber eyes welcome my ever-so-ordinary chocolate brown eyes.

We say alot, but we don't. We know each other like a sailor knows the sea. The kind of love, even movies dont present. What we have is true and pure. We are each other's lifeline. Were what needs each other. I'd rather have him than oxygen to live.

I'd give up my life for him. That's easy: Dying for some one you love. But, living, living is difficult. Living for someone. With or without them.
But that's life. It makes you think it's the most beautiful thing ever. Newsflash- it's not.

Living can suck your soul, if you dont have the means to carry on: everyday's a torture. A torture that crushes your soul, breaks it, then makes it whole again. However, the moment it's whole again, it slaps you back in the face. Telling you who's boss.

What I didnt know at that moment, love is great. Sure, it brings a lot a pain along. There isnt anything that comes with only happiness, there's always going to be melancholy: smiling confidently along the shore. It's like the sea, both dangerous and beautiful at the same time. It drowns you with pain, and it drowns you in it's beauty.

Then you're back to square one. Everthing you do is useless. Just like, every decision comes with a consequense. Be it regret or.. guilt. Maybe both?

The thing about love is:
It leaves you breathless. Not in a bad way, in the most painfully beautiful way. You're more likely to hear birds chirping exotic tunes rather than wolves howling rap in the night. Everyday will be like a musical. Deep soulful guitar strumming accompanied with rhythemic piano keys with a hint of violin.

But remember, getting lost in it can be brutal. The thing once considered healthy can be fatal to survival.

And my dearest, there is nothing, I repeat, N O T H I N G, more important than survival. Even if you have to kill to survive, you do that. But don't give up life. Not everyone has it.

Like any other, I've been through rough times. Times where I wanted to kill myself. When I wanted nothing more but his touch. Nights, where I'd cry myself to sleep. But, one thing I'm proud of- I kept going on.

Everyday, life would serve me a challenge. And everyday, I would knock it down. God forbid, I'm not saying that I went through all the pain the universe had to offer, but I've been through my fair share.

I haven't been on good terms with my luck. Even from the beginning. I've had a good few years, I'm not complaining. But, I've also had times that people have nightmares about. I've had no one to comfort me. Instead, I've had people trying to bring me down at every step.

I've learned an important lesson. "Nothing good comes from being selfless." People call my rule, as 'selfish' or 'insensitive', let them call whatever they want to call me. These very words shape who I am today.

I'm not thanking anyone except myself. It IS because of me what I am. I've fought with the world to be feared. I'm not looking for love. Fear and Respect is all I'll ever need.

"I love you."
Similar words use to cause a rebellion in my heart. Now, I feel nothing. Not even the slightest emotion.

"Love."
All I can say is: love is a teenage fantasy, or maybe just a fanstasy. Strong desire, nothing more. Love is a fairytale. It dosen't happen in real life.

I mean, how can you give a gun to some one, willingly, pointed at you. That person has the means to pull the trigger and finish you. But still, you seem to believe they wont. Because they 'love' you and you seem to trust them blindly. I would describe love like that.

And to be brutally honest, that dosen't happen. If it dosent kill you directly, it will indirectly. Either way, it will kill you. That's what I'm trying to convey.

Or as some people put it; Those who experience 'unrequited love' don't believe in love. You know what? I call bullshit. It dosent exist to begin with. My hypothesis may be harsh, but it's the truth. And nothing, is more painful than the truth, no matter how much sugar coated it is.

Call my straightforward, I don't care. Until, the day I met him.

-----

A/N: Hey! So this this isn't my first story on Wattpad, but I'm really proud of this. I would love it if you'd read it and whatever you do here, hahah. My twitter is @mominafaheem, I'd love it if you'd follow me, or keep up. Jeez, I don't know what else to say.