Prologue

Once upon a time in a faraway land called Santo, in the vast region of Donto there laid the kingdom of Iwatobi. Iwatobi, like many other neighboring kingdoms, was tend to be described as a very magical place. Although there used to be plentiful mages, and the number had now dwindled to a rare few, the magic still lay thick in the air so you could almost feel it.

In this magical kingdom, there lived a very rich duke called (F/F/N) (L/N). He fell in love, and got married to the gorgeous (M/F/N) (L/N) and they had a little daughter who they named (F/N). Even as a baby, it was obvious (F/N) (L/N) would grow up to be a stunningly beautiful young lady. Unfortunately, (M/F/N) died from a terrible illness once (F/N) was 9 years old. Poor (F/N) and (F/F/N) were heartbroken.

Only one year after (M/F/N)'s death, (F/F/N) remarried to a woman called Valentina. She had two daughters who were around (F/N)'s age, called Sawyer and Reagan. All three women had different pretty colors of hair, extraordinarily big different colored eyes, thin short noses and slightly thin pale lips that seemed to be stuck in a constant sneer. Sawyer and Reagan were very beautiful, with different heightened slightly skinny bodies, almost bony fingers, well sculpted faces, and every dress hung from their well fitted frames, Regan meanwhile, was a *ehem* fairly skinny girl, with a slightly overweight body that slightly spilled from her dresses, fairly large fingers and a fairly flabby face.

Although (F/N) was not pleased at her mother being replaced, (F/F/N) just seemed happier than she had seen him since (M/F/N)'s death, so she welcomed them warmly, remembering her mother's dying words, "Truly. Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is happiness. Have courage, and be kind." Despite (F/N)'s attempts at doing everything possible to help her new stepmother and stepsisters, they treated her with coldness and contempt when her father wasn't around. But she still tried with all her little heart, because (F/N)'s kindness was limitless.

Unfortunately, little (F/N)'s childhood befell another tragedy. One month after her stepmother and stepsisters came to live in the mansion, her father passed away suddenly in his sleep. (F/N) cried for days. Despite the suspicious circumstances, it was never investigated, as Valentina was 'too distraught' to let anyone into the house except men who came to take the body.

As soon as they got back from the funeral, Valentina took control of the house. She fired all the servants, took away all of (F/N)'s clothes, kicked her out of her bedroom and forced her to sleep in the cellar. "I'm terribly sorry my dear, but this is how things are going to be run from now on. You sleep down here. You're going to be doing the cooking, cleaning, washing and anything else we ask you too. Disobey an order and you will be punished. Now we expect dinner in 30 minutes so you better get start. It better be delicious or else!" She screeched in her overly high pitched voice at poor (F/N). She flung the servant dress down the stairs. "Get started." She snapped, turning on her heel and marching through the door. "Oh." She said turning around with a sickly sweet, sinister smile.

"Watch out for those rats." The door slammed shut, leaving (F/N) curled up on the cold cellar floor, too terrified to do anything. But what she do? If she left she would starve to death on the streets. She had no one left to care. She bent her head down scrunched up her eyes and cried in despair, her loud sobs echoing through the large empty cellar. Sniffling and wiping her wet eyes, she got up and did the only thing she could do. She pulled on the servants dress and got started on dinner.