Chapter 9

(F/N) was quietly doing some sewing in the cellar when she heard the muffled screams. She bolted up the stairs thinking that someone was injured, only to find them screaming with joy, jumping up and down hugging each other. She frowned in confusion then she saw the open letter lying on the floor. She picked it up and saw the royal crest stamped on the wax seal. She pulled the thin piece of paper out and opened it.

King and Queen Tachibana request the presence of every eligible maiden in the kingdom at the royal palace at 3 o'clock, try on the glass slipper. The woman who the slipper fits will become his Highness Prince Makoto's bride.

King Tachibana

Queen Tachibana

The letter fell from (F/N)'s numb fingers. Her mind was flying at 100 miles a second. Glass... slipper... Glass...slipper... Her glass slipper... The slipper that would only fit her... OH DEAR GOD. SHE WAS GOING TO BE MAKOTO'S BRIDE! THAT SLIPPER WOULD ONLY FIT HER! She barely managed not to start hyperventilating. Well... She would love to be Makoto's wife...And start a family with him...Her heart flew at the thought. Maybe this wasn't as horrible as she thought? Plus it was seriously romantic to go through hundreds of screaming girls just to get to her. But he knew who she was, her name and where she lived? So what was the point in this?

"I'm going to marry the prince!" Sawyer screamed "That slipper will obviously fit me since I'm the one who's going to be his bride." "No! It's going to fit me, since I'm the one who's going to marry him! It's density!" Regan screeched. They started bickering like always. "Girls!" Her stepmother snapped. She glared at them, hand on hips like always as well.

"Now, you girls let me down last when you failed to catch the prince's eye." "It wasn't our fault mother!" Regan wailed stamping her foot in anger "Yeah it was that stupid (H/C) tramp who stole him." Sawyer growled. (F/N) smirked slightly. "Well now is your last chance to seal the deal. DO NOT let me down girls." She snapped.

"Now let's get ready you need to look your best. (F/N)! Get our dresses, now! Once your finished helping us get ready, occupy yourself, I don't care what you do. Since one of my beautiful girls will be marrying the prince, we'll be staying at the palace from now on. I'll send someone to look after the house, and we won't need you anymore, so go live on the streets or something I don't care." She snarled, before turning and marching up the stairs. Her stepsisters followed, sending smug grins at (F/N). (F/N) sighed. Of course stepmother, as compassionate as ever. She smiled to herself. Who knows? The prince's bride might be someone you'll never expect.

Makoto made his way rather grumpily down the stairs. His mind was still on (F/N). Why did she run away? He'd have to wait until 2 o'clock to find out. "Makoto!" His mother cried ecstatically the moment he stepped in. She grabbed him by the shoulders and practically threw him into a chair. She sat in front of him, grinning. "Your father and I have something to tell you." She squeaked. His father lowered his newspaper to look at him. "What?" Makoto muttered gruffly "Well, we couldn't help but notice how much you kept staring at that slipper." Makoto looked away, lifting a glass of water to his lips.

"And how upset you've been since last night. So we decided the girl and we're getting all the eligible maidens to come to the palace at 3 o'clock today, and whoever the slipper fits will be the bride." Makoto spat his water out all over the table "YOU DID WHAT!?" He asked shocked, slamming his glass down "Makoto, calm down." His mother chided sharply "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!" He screamed "Because we know you like this girl and we want to find her." His father said calmly, folding his newspaper "But that slipper could fit any number of women! How can we -"