CHAPTER 10

-Mingyu's POV-

All I could see was darkness, nothing but darkness. I felt numb, I couldn't move. I tried my best to move but nothing seemed to work. It was as if I was trapped in a cage, unable to escape.

"Mingyu ah, please wake up," I could hear a faint voice calling for me, wait, isn't it Yoonji's? Why was Yoonji calling out for... Me?

Suddenly, the bright light shone into my eyes and I took sometime to digest it. In front of me I saw... Ugly girl?

-Yoonji's POV-

I was waiting nervously by Mingyu's side as he lay on the hospital bed.

"Mingyu ah, please wake up," I said and silently prayed that he would wake up soon. Not long after, I saw his eyelids slowly parting from each other as he opened his eyes.

"Mingyu! Doctor! He's awake!" I screamed happily as the doctors rushed in. They did a thorough check on Mingyu and declared that he could be out of the hospital after two weeks, and he needs enough rest.

I just simply nodded my head and the doctors left the room, leaving me and Mingyu alone.

"What are you doing here... Ugly," he said in a low voice, but I was still able to hear him. My heart ached when he called me ugly no matter how much I've helped him. He just calls me ugly.

However, I tried to be strong and swallow my tears, but one stubborn drop just had to roll down at this moment. I quickly wiped it away and said, "You we're in an accident after you ran away from Nayeon,"

The word 'Nayeon' was like a bullet that shot through his heart. He was now looking depressed and cried. Oh, so now you know how I feel, huh?

"It's OK, I'll be here to take care of you for the time being," I told him but he just shot me a disgusted look.

"No you can't, I can't stand you being here," he replied with a poker face.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at this stubborn boy.

"Too bad," with that, I left the hospital to somewhere else. Before I left, I heard Mingyu calling for me but I didn't look back. Why was I being so nice to him? He's my bully, remember Yoonji, he's your bully.

I walked to the convenience store and received a text from Hoshi.

Naega Hosh: where are you now?

I decided to reply him.

Me: at the convenience store, wanna join?

Naega Hosh: sure:)

With that, I kept my phone and waited for Hoshi. A few minutes later, Hoshi arrived and we bought many things. I bought some ingredients to cook lunch for Mingyu tomorrow and Hoshi bought instant noodles.

"Hoshi! It's getting late, shall we head home?" I told him as I peeked at my watch, aka, the sky.

"Ahh sure, let me walk you home," he said and we walked home together. We do this all the time so we're already used to it.

We reached my house and he hugged me before I went in.

"Good night, Yoonji," and he squished my cheeks.

"Good night, Soonyoung," I called him by his real name which shocked him a bit, but he soon smiled and left.

I went into the house and slept immediately, exhausted from the whole day of doing this and that.

-The next day after school-

I was about to pack my bag and leave for home but the teacher suddenly called my name. I went to the teacher and asks her what was wrong.

"Yoonji ah, can you please pass this homework to Mingyu and teach him about today's topic? Thank you so much," she said and clapped her hands together.

"No problem!" I smiled and left with Mingyu's homework.

First, I went home and prepared lunch for Mingyu, then, I went to the hospital.

I went into Mingyu's room and saw him staring at the wall in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as soon as he saw me walking in.

"I told you I was going to take care of you," I said and placed the food on the table next to his bed.

"Here, I made you some chicken and carrot stew with some vegetable. Oh and here's the Japanese rice that you always eat when you were young," I said, opening the cover of the container and passing him the food, together with a pair of chopsticks.

"I can't move," he shot me a look. I just rolled my eyes and picked up the chopsticks, grabbed a bunch of rice, and stuffed it in his mouth.

He chewed and swallowed it. I was waiting for his response as I crossed my fingers, hoping he would like what I cooked for him.

-Mingyu's POV-

I tried the ugly girl's food and to be honest, I loved it, I loved how she used Japanese rice, my favourite. Wait, she prepared this? EWWW. That is so gross, an ugly girl, feeding me food? I almost puked at the spot.

"This is gross," I said, acting as if I was going to puke. Her smile on face fainted and she lowered her head.

"I'm sorry," she apologized and was about to take the container away.

No! Please don't, I still want the food.

"WAIT!" I shouted and she suddenly looked up.

"It's g-gross but um... I d-didn't say I don't want to finish it!" I made up with an excuse. Her face immediately lit up and I can see her smile again. Unconsciously, I smiled too.

She quickly stuffed all the food in my mouth, clearing the whole plate as I devoured every bit of this heavenly food in front of me.

"Oh and Mingyu, here's your homework," she said, passing me a stack if paper.

"Can't you help me?" I asked in annoyance.

"Nope Mingyu, I can't," she threw me the same look.

"But I can't move!" Nice one, Mingyu!

"So how about this? I'll teach you the concept and let you see the questions, then you answer them and I write, deal?" She said. I sighed, this girl is just too smart, but ugly.

For the next hour, ugly girl helped me with my homework and I actually find it quite enjoyable.

"Kay, you're all done!" She exclaimed happily and smiled, awwwwwwww. Stop it Mingyu, no time for fanboying.

"It's getting late, I should go now, bye Mingyu!" She smiled and waved her hand as she left.

Suddenly, my hand had this burst of energy, enough to hold, just hold Yoonji's wrist.

She turned around and looked at me, confused.

"What do you want now Mingyu?" She asked.

"I...I... C-can, you...stay for a wh-while m-more?" I stuttered and smiled awkwardly.

Mingyu, aka I, have been casted a spell on and for whatever reasons, I wanted Yoonji to stay.

Why?

-To be continued-