Chapter~5

We all shuffle back to our normal positions and try to act natural. I can see Luce stifle a laugh but Katie gives her a glare and she becomes straight-faced.

“Okay, BLT?” Alex grabs my sandwich off the tray his arm is holding. My plate is set down in front of me, but I keep looking at him. God, can we take him home?

He gives the girls their meals: April with a Caesar salad, Katie with the mac and cheese, and Lucy with a hamburger.

“Anything else I could give you?” He asks, putting the tray that held our food behind his back. 

Then I hear April ask, “Do you know when the band will be playing? Are they any good?”

“Oh, we’ll be on in about 20 minutes or so.” He pauses and I almost die right there. He’s in the band? He just keeps getting better and better. “Hope you enjoy the food and our performance.” He smiles and I swear it blinds me. He walks away and I almost squeal. 

“You have to talk to him.” April slams her hands on the table for emphasis. I jump back. April isn’t usually forceful with me when it comes to boys.  She knows I really liked Nick and even though we weren’t together for long, it took me quite a while to get over him.

“Ugh, I can’t.” I say this because it’s true. “You guys know I can’t talk to boys.”

Even if they were just passing back a paper or asking a simple question, I stuttered and hyperventilated. It was even worse when the guy was cute.

“You kinda have to talk to the male species.” Kate remarks.

Lucy adds, “It is how you make babies.”, like I don’t know where they come from.

April snorts and I let out a nasty guffaw that makes Kate and Lucy laugh.

“Look, you just gotta talk to him because it’d be a shame to let that hot man go to waste.” Luce says, waving her burger around. Ketchup slides out of the sandwich. 

“I don’t even know how old he is!” I counter. “He could be a serial killer, or a rapist!”

 “I highly doubt that.”  Katie says. “He seems really nice and he’s freaking gorgeous so you should talk to him.”

I bite my nails. He does seem nice and he is freaking gorgeous. I just know I’ll make a fool of myself in front of him.

“I second that!” Luce says, taking a monster bite out of her burger.

“I third that!” April says, flipping her hair. Ugh, if I was as pretty as April maybe it’d be easier. She never has any trouble talking to boys. Besides, they’re almost always looking at her chest.

“Fine!” I say, frustrated out of my mind. They all cheer, making the ends of my mouth stand up. “But, only because I know you won’t stop until I actually talk to the guy.”

We continue conversation for a little bit, mostly talking about Kate’s and Lucy’s boy troubles. I kept sneaking peeks at April and most of the time she looked fine, eating her food and smiling at the conversation. However, other times, she was looking off into space, thinking about Logan. God, tomorrow I have to try and talk to him. This is just so unlike him. He wasn’t…whipped or anything, but he really did like April, and she liked him back. I don’t think they could go a week without talking to each other. Why did he want “space”?

Soon enough, I saw Alex going up on the stage. He was joined by 3 other males. They were, presumably, doing a soundcheck and making sure everything was ready for the performance.

He looked so hot up there. Guitar resting on his stomach. Spotlights shining on his golden eyes.

The small restaurant had filled up quite a bit, as well. I guess The Way is pretty popular around here.

I had finished my sandwich when the lead singer taps his mic and says, “Alright, hey, how is everybody out there?”

I clap while others are cheering and whooping.

The mic guy smiles humbly and runs a hand through his jet black hair. He’s wearing some tight jeans and a Rolling Stones t-shirt. He looks pretty good.

But, Alex is better.

“We are The Way and this is ‘Dark’.” Simple and to the point. The long-haired drummer does a quick, “1,2,3,4.”, that starts the song off. Alex starts strumming and the keyboardist starts to play, too. The song is very punk rock meets pop and I find myself bobbing my head to the music. I’m not really paying attention to the lyrics or anything else other than Alex.

He’s captivating to say the least and I can’t seem to be able to peel my eyes off of him. His hands are moving swiftly over the strings of his electric guitar. Sometimes he stares blankly out to the audience and I put my head down, hoping he didn’t see my eyes locked on him.

Then, he goes back to strumming and I can safely stare at him once again.

Before I know it, the song is done and I’m clapping along with everyone else in the restaurant.

Katie remarks, “They were good.”

“Really good,” April adds.

-------------

A/N: Yay! We get to see hot Alex in action! I imagine The Way being a mixture of Bastille and Parachute, with the lead singer(who you'll learn the name of next week)sounding like Justin Timberlake 'cause he's just the bomb.

Next update=probably next week. *fingers crossed*

I'd really love a comment or a vote...(;