Chapter~25

sorry for the short wait on this chapter. i consider this the climax so big stuff happens this part also enjoy the gif. i'm actually kinda obsessed with it

Walking into school on Monday, I feel awesome. No, not awesome. Fucking awesome. I had finally somewhat gotten over what happened on Friday and I've decided wallowing over Chad is not the best thing I could be doing. I need to focus on friends and things that make me happy. Like Alex.

Speaking of Alex, we're fine now. I'm so insanely glad he came over and helped me feel better in my time of need after the date. Just to know he still cares about me even when he's mad makes me feel so good. He left after my dad on Saturday, but we texted all weekend about whatever. Things seem to be back to normal.

I'm walking to my locker now with a big smile on my face. I couldn't seem to wipe it off all weekend. Making up with Alex is more than enough to keep me happy for a while. I hope nothing else goes wrong for a while now.

"Julia, are you okay?" Kate asks me. I didn't see her walk up to me. I think I was too busy in La La Land.

"Me?" I pull out a few books for my upcoming classes and turn to her. "Of course I'm okay! I'm fantastic!"

"What happened? Was it something bad?" She worries.

I quickly shake my head, slamming my locker. "Nothing happened." I start walking down the hallway and Katie follows behind. "It is such a lovely day outside, isn't it?"

"Uh, I guess." She nibbles on her fingernails. Why is she so concerned right now? All is good in the world! We're alive and our hearts are pumping blood through our veins. "Did something happen with Alex?"

His name makes my pulse quicken. I love that name. Alex. A-L-E-X.

"Julia?" Katie repeats, snapping me out of my daze. I honestly don't know why she is asking all these questions. I'm happy! Can't a girl be happy?

The first bell of the day rings, not giving me time to respond to Katie.

"I'll see you at lunch!" I wave goodbye to her, heading off in the opposite direction.

"Wait!" She shouts after me, but doesn't follow. I don't wait up. It's a wonderful day for learning. Why waste it?

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

"She was acting odd this morning.." Katie's saying when I approach the lunch table. She shuts up when she sees me. I sit down next to April, my usual spot.

"What's up, guys?" I ask, shaking my chocolate milk.

"Nothing, really." April responds. "How was the date? I didn't hear from you all weekend."

I guess in my excitement of having Alex back made me forget to talk to my friends. I hope they won't mind it.

"Oh, sorry. It was actually pretty terrible," I pause, wondering if I should tell April about the whole "Chad supposedly loves you" thing. I think I'll tell her in private, or even wait for Chad to grow some balls and do it himself. "and ended with me in tears."

"Julia!" Lucy almost scolds. "You should've called us. We would've helped, you know. You shouldn't be on your own."

"Don't worry. Alex came over." I beam, taking a nacho and popping it into my mouth. When I look up, all the girls have a mixture of emotions on their faces. And not happy ones.

"Alex came over?" Katie questions. I nod, slowly.

"So, you could call Alex, who you've met only this summer," April starts. "but, you couldn't even send the friends you've know since middle school a text?"