Chapter 11: Marcus's Plan

He untied the ropes as she is released to the floor. I can see red streaks from her tears mixed with the blood from the wounds. Her face strained from her crying. I wanted to soothe her pain but I know I couldn't.

I couldn't help my tears and frankly I didn't want to anymore. I let them stream from my face as a silent wine escaped and I turned my head away to shade my sadness. Your strong Tobias. I told myself. I had never acted so passionately towards someone and so upset to lose someone than now.

He picked her up off the ground and lead her into a room but before he was gone I've had enough. "You said she could leave." I shouted. "Oh did you miss understand me I was just going to have you switch places." His clever smile creeped up into the corner of his checks. "You really think I would let her go." he practically laughs at me. "And risk the chance of he ruining my plans."

"What do you mean plans." I'm still mad with his trickery. "Oh you don't think I would do this for the pleasure of hurting you, yet that is a plus." He laughs. "You know I have a bigger plan than that son."

"You see ever since the factions have been destroyed I have been without my power, I sit here alone in our old home wishing the day you where born didn't happen. But see there's more behind that. If you weren't born we may still have factions, we might not of had a war, we could of still been that powerful city where no one knew what was Chicago and what I plan to do is replace it with factions once more. And without you and Tris around saying what's right and what's wrong, well lets say a lot more people will side with me."

"You monster. Do you see all these people here, actually enjoying being free!!! Why would you ever want to break the peace of our world." I'm more mad now how could he ever want this I scream but I know I won't be heard. "But what you don't get is what I really want boy. I want my power back and I won't have two adults telling me what's right and what the people should do. Now any last words before I lock Beatrice up."

"Can I see her." I whisper my head down low. "What?" He asks unsure of what I said. "Can I have a moment just to talk and hug her.... Please" I say unhopeful.

"Sure but you have 30 seconds and I'm coming back down stairs and you will stay in the cell I can't having you escapeing, by the way I wouldn't try anything to escape." He leads me into the cell block followed by Tris and locks the door leaving us behind him."

"Tris." I whisper holding her in my grasp. "Tobias" She mumbles back. I can tell she was crying her voice was tight. "I'm sorry Tris I tried to save you." I say wiping the running tears from her face. "I love you." I say leaning in kissing her gently on her lips unsure of where she was cut or hurt. "I love you more Tobias." she answers back placing her head on my should and held her tightly in my arms. "I promise we will get out. And we will get out soon." I say trying to be the hopeful one. I'm still holding on to here and I wasn't planing on letting go of her till our last second we get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok you two love birds. He says clomping down the steps "That's enough." My heart sinks thirty minutes was just a tease if want to be with her every second of the way. Our hands are still held tightly together as Marcus slowly unlocked the door to the cell and grasp my arm quickly not allowing me to break free. "I love you Tris" I say as our arms break away. "Be brave." I say before I'm taken back to my chair.

"Pick it up." He commands. I do what he says lifting the chair with my hefty arms. "Now make your way to the other cell." I don't bother to fight it I know nothing good can come from it. I move in and place the metal chair in the back corner as he ties me up not giving me any slack. "Now Tobias be a good little boy and don't try anything you know I'm armed, and I wasn't planing on murder but what ever gets the job done." He turns around leaving the fully locked cell and climbs up the wooden steps finishing of by slamming the basement door.

"Tris...." I say weakly. "I'm sorry and I love you." I haven't heard her speak a lot and all I wanted was to hear her words. "Tobias... we will find away out of here, whatever he's planing for this action to pull through must be big. Whatever he has in store can't be good. The only way to go is up and you could say we have the lives of people in our hands. If theirs anything I've learned for dauntless is we have to stand up for these people and their rights and the good of our world." Her words couldn't of been more perfect She always seemed to make our the sunshine in the darkness of clouds.

I am lead to think that that's why she's the light in my life, the one who guides me through and gets me through. And without her I couldn't live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so I know your going to hate me please don't I've been so busy I promise I'll never make you wait this long again for the chapter and yes it's short but it just seemed like the most important part to stop. Thanks guys for sticking with the story I'm finally out of writers block and I know where I want to go with this story so please please comment vote follow do whatever you can to show me you are still enjoying the story

~ Zoë

Question

How do you feel about Marcus is plan?

1. Good idea

2. Good start

3. Think of a different idea

How do you personally feel about bringing the factions back?

(Just curious)

1. Your glad their gone

2. It would make an interesting story

3. They should that was the best part of the story