1.02

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

[. : T H E  B O Y  A N D  G I R L  I N  T H E 
I C E B E R G
( P A R T 2 ) : .]

|Book 1- Water|
III POV – Nera

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

HER ENTRANCE SEEMED TO go unnoticed, everyone's attention seemingly drawn to something else or if her hunch was correct someone else.

"-last time I checked, humans can't fly." Someone at the head of the formed crowd said, most likely a boy.

"Check again!" A familiar voice said.

Flying out of the center of the crowd was Aang on his glider, doing barrel rolls and wind mills on the air currents, evoking 'oohs' and 'aah's' out of the gathered people. He must have gotten a bit over his head because he crashed head first into a weird pile of snow.

"My watch tower!" The same boy from before cried. Nera wasn't really sure what he was watching from a collapsible mound of snow, but she didn't question it.

A sense of calm washed over the girl as she watched a swarm of kids circle around Aang in adoration.

Nothing has changed with him, Nera thought before thinking more about the situation, but what about with the rest of the world.

"He seems to be an...interesting boy." The elder voice spoke behind her.

Turning to face the woman, Nera's persistently calculating eyes came to meet those of the one she assumed was the elder who nursed her back to health. Her gaze travelled back to Aang who now had his tongue stuck to his glider, but was still smiling.

He was always smiling.

"He has quite a bit of responsibilities, but he's still a kid at heart." She said finally, her words chosen thoughtfully. To be completely honest, she didn't really like when Aang used the staff, scared that he might injure himself. But it's not like she could stop him.

Everyone back at the air temples used them. If she took that from him, she'd just be a nag. There was also the place in her heart that knew taking away his glider would be yet another way of isolating him from their people. Not to mention that for some odd reason, his puppy dog eyes seemed to crack her every time.

"I assume you are the one I should thank for nursing me?" Nera asked, facing the elder.

"You're still not at full health, so I recommend taking it easy for now. " The woman said to the younger, "Though I presume you are well enough to inform me what two air nomads are doing in the South Pole?"

"PENGUIN!"

A certain airbender's voice drew their attention over to the boy, as he rushed towards something just past them.

Had Nera not been so used to having dealt with his hyperactive tendencies, she might not have been able to catch him by the arm as he nearly blew by. Though she would admit, she almost didn't catch him on time, her reflexive skill lacking.

Nera internally cursed in frustration.  The elder was right; she wasn't at full health. Nonetheless, she pulled him back.

Aang's face lit up despite the pit stop to his intended destination. "Nera, you're awake!" Aang exclaimed in surprise and joy. Nera's grip on his arm was lost as he nearly tackled her with a hug, more proof to her not fully replenished health.