Ch 2

Waking up to the sound of the blaring alarm at six forty five a.m. Wasn't really my cup of tea. I struggled getting out of bed wanting to stay in the comfort of my own sheets, the sheets that would comfort me from the outside world. I walked into the shower letting the warm water run across my back relaxing me from my nerves but making me even more tired. After my shower I walked into my closet grabbing blue jeans, a tan oversized sweater and some white chucks. As I walked downstairs the aroma of bacon filled my nostrils.

"Good morning sweet heart" my mother said to me as she placed a plate down on the table

" Good morning mom. Where's dad?"

"Business trip." She replied

"Oh how long?"

"A few weeks out in Canada."

I sat down at the table and ate only two pieces of bacon. Eating before going anywhere always made me feel insecure. I said my goodbyes to my mother as I walked out the house walking to the bus stop. The cool breeze brushed across my face as I waited about ten minutes for the long yellow school bus to arrive. loud screaming came from the bus and obnoxious girl teenagers talking about boys filled my ears. I got onto the bus and sat down in a two seater. I didn't want anyone to sit next to me, so I sat my backpack down on the remaining space next to me. As I looked out the window random thoughts popped into my head

- wow today's pretty chilly considering its June and I live in Texas.

-Only two more weeks till no more hell hole

The bus pulled up in front of the school and opened the doors. I got up from my seat and waited till everyone in front of me got out.

I've been living in Texas ever since I came from New York. Leaving New York to come to Texas was different and definitely not the best. I haven't made any friends with the past two years I've been here, so coming outside the house wasn't the most fun.

*

I walked into the large building heading towards my small blue locker. As I was walking toward my locker I bumped into someone causing me to knock down all my papers. I quickly bent down not even looking at the person who I've bumped into. The person I bumped into said sorry and helped me pick up my papers.

I put some of my hair behind my ear so I could see properly. The person was a guy. He had brown hair with faded blonde highlights. he was wearing a pink sweater, jeans and some dirty white vans along with a blue beanie.

"Oh um sorry." I spat out. i looked down

"Oh no. it was my fault sorry." he replied

"It's fine."

"So what's your name?" he attempted to make conversation. I didn't want to become friends with anyone, because every time I would become friends with someone they would always turn their back on me.

"Um I really have to go, sorry." I held onto my papers and walked away quickly.

I want friends it's just that I don't really trust anyone.

*

As I sat down in homeroom waiting for everyone to arrive, I couldn't stop thinking about him. He seems different. I know I can't judge him based off of one bump. literally bump, but he actually wanted to make conversation. he wasn't forced.

I took out my notebook and leaned my head against my hand as I watched everyone walk into class. Then he walked in. His eyes met mine and he smiled. I decided to smile back, I don't want to be rude.

He took the seat in the row across from me.

*

Threw out the whole class we exchanged looks. every once in a while he would look at me and then I would look at him. each time I looked at him he would look away.