The Letter

Hermione woke up with a yawn and a stretch, sunlight gleaming through the windows and birds happily chirping outside. She lived just outside of London with her amazing husband and adorable son. She was at peace with life in her woodland mansion that she and Draco had designed themselves.

They took their son, Scorpius Luna Victor Malfoy, to a muggle school, but he knew everything about magic and was eagerly awaiting his Hogwarts letter.

Draco Lucius Malfoy works as a healer in a small clinic, that was also open to muggles. He was only known locally as they lived in a place where many unnatural things happened, so people just accepted it when he miraculously saved someone.

Hermione Jean Malfoy now works as a school teacher at her son's grade school, and teaches kindergarten. She also watches out for kids who use accidental magic since they haven't realized that they're witches and wizards.

But, after years of a normal life, this letter changed everything. The Malfoy family was happily eating breakfast when 2 owls swooped in, dropped a letter in front of Draco and one in front of Hermione, then left.

For a moment, they sat in silence, before Scorp got impatient and shouted, "Open it already!" Hermione quickly open the letter with the Hogwarts seal, and read the words carefully.

"Dear Miss Granger,
You have been formally invited to the annual 10 year reunion of the Hogwarts graduated class of 1999. Please attend with any family that you may have to reconnect with old housemates and classmates.

   Sincerely,
    Headmistress McGonagal"

Hermione gaped at the piece of parchment in her hands, while Draco furrowed his eyebrows.

"I think we should go," Draco said carefully.

"Really? I thought that after what he did you would never want to see his face again," Hermione stated.

"Of course I do. I want to beat his face black and blue!"

"I'll help!" Scorp shouted.

At this, both parents turned to him. Draco wore a proud grin, while Hermione wore an adoring smile. They had started to tell Scorp about Hogwarts and the magical world when he was very little, then at age 7 they told him about their encounters at Hogwarts and about the war. Now at 8 years old, he knew everything, including what happened with Ron, who's name is now forbidden in the house.

Hermione hugged her son, sitting him on her lap. She could see his features clearly. Scorpius had dirty blond hair and blue eyes. His nose and high cheek bones obviously came from his father, while his mother had given him full lips and some freckles on the tip of his nose.

Scorp had his father's temper, but his mother's wit. He was the perfect combination of the 2, with his love of reading and also a love of potion making and quidditch. Of course, Hermione made him learn many healing spells for injuries that didn't require a wand, and swear to never cheat, as he seemed to be a seeker prodigy, just like Harry Potter was and may score that spot on his team first year at Hogwarts.

"I tell you what, Scorp, if you behave until then and at the gala, then you can go. But you have to let me dress you up!" Scorp groaned at his mother's conditions, but nodded.

Well, this sure is going to be a confusing week, prepping for the reunion and getting ready to face the magical world once again.