The Gala

Hermione' POV:

I sighed as I looked in the mirror. I wore my long dress with black pumps and black jewelry. I had a black jeweled headband holding my long, cascading ringlets back. Putting on my makeup, and grabbed my black clutch and smiled. I went over to Scorp's room and did his hair, helping him with his bow tie.

Scorp grinned at me, "I think I'll use some of my big words at the gala today."

"Well, I will be very proud if you do. Your father told you the plan, right?" He grinned, nodding eagerly. Scorp whispered something in my ear and I laughed nodding in agreement.

"You can go ahead, just be careful," I said, giving him a loving smile.

"Okay, Mum. I love you."

"I love you too, Scorp."

I kissed Draco and Scorp goodbye as they left to meet up with Blaise and Pansy Zabini, and their 2 kids Margery and Justin. I waited a few minutes before apparating to the Hogwarts courtyard. I slowly made my way to the Great Hall and took a deep breath. I was a bit tardy, but I had planned to be fashionably late.

I pushed the doors and they swung open as I squared my shoulders and walked in with my head held high. "Oh my god is that Hermione Granger?" "I think it is!" Whispered spread like wildfire as I walked in. I stopped at one voice.

"Hermione?"

I turned with a small smile, "Hi, Harry." But Harry wasn't smiling, and neither was Ginny, who had her arm linked with his.

I felt myself falter at the sight as Harry sighed, "Let's go somewhere more private." I nodded as we went to a separate corner.

"How could you cheat on Ron?!" Ginny demanded.

I gasped, "What?!"

"Hermione I can't believe you did that. And then just running off without so much of a letter, that was cowardly. I never thought you were that kind of person," Harry said.

Anger bubbled up in me, "Me?! I wasn't the one who cheated, it was Ronald Weasley! I come home after a hard day at work while that lazy asshole is in bed with another woman!" Ginny and Harry stopped, sharing a look.

"That actually makes a little more sense," Ginny said quietly.

"He did start seeing Astoria only a month later and seemed perfectly content with moving on," Harry added.

I sighed, "Of course that idiot said that I was the cheater. The coward."

Suddenly, Ginny gasped, "Are you married?!?" I grinned down at my silver wedding band with diamonds and emeralds in a pattern on the top.

"9 years and counting."

"Who's the lucky man?" Harry asked. I was about to answer when I heard an all too familiar voice shout.

"HERMIONE?!?!"

I turned with a smirk on my face," Yes?" Ron's face was red with anger, Astoria Greengrass clutching his arm.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here?" he snarled at me.

"Oh just reacquainting myself with old friends," I stated, gesturing to the Potter couple. At this, Ron's face turned white while Ginny turned red.

"RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY!!! YOU'RE LUCKY MUM ISN'T HERE BECAUSE THEN WE'D BOTH HEX YOUR ARSE INTO OBLIVION!" Ron looked to Harry for help, but got the opposite.

"You lied to me and everyone, making everyone think that Hermione was a cheater, when it was YOU ALL ALONG?!? How dare you! I haven't spoken to her in 9 years because of you!"

Ron had shrunken back in fear, when his wife shouted, "Don't yell at Ron like that. I'm sure we can solve this rationally."

I glared at her, but sighed, "I don't believe in holding grudges, okay? But I will never truly forgive you, and we will never be more than acquaintances."

"Hermione, I truly am sorry. I didn't love you anymore, but instead of talking about it, I took the cowards way out. I'm sorry," Ron said.

I nodded, not caring enough to respond more. Then, Draco walked over, "Quite the commotion you have caused, as always."

"What do you want Malfoy?" Harry asked, trying to keep his malice out of his voice.

"Yeah, Death Eaters have no place here," Ron snarled.

I sighed in annoyance as Draco shot me a smirk. His arm snaked around my waist, "Why I simply wanted to make sure that my wife is okay after all that terrible shouting and such."

Ginny, Harry, and Astoria gaped while Ron roared in anger, "WHAT?!? Hermione would never marry a bloke like YOU!"

I scoffed, "You have no right to talk, Ronald."

"But Hermione, he tortured us for seven years, and fought for Voldemort!"

"People change, Ronald. And did you even think to consider that maybe his family was in danger and that was why he fought for Voldemort?!?"

"OR MAYBE YOU'RE JUST AS CRAZY AS HE IS!!!"

The hall was silent for a moment, until little Scorpius walked over to Ron, tapping him lightly. "WHAT?!" Ron shouted making Scorp flinch and Draco snarl, but I held Draco back, a grin on my face.

"Are you Ron Weasley?"

Ron sighed, "Yes, can I help you?"

Scorp's face then grew angry and he kicked Ron's leg very hard, "HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO MY MOTHER LIKE THAT YOU CHEATING IMBECILIC MORONIC FLAKY INCONGRUOUS LUNATIC!" Everyone stared while I burst out laughing, along with Draco, Pansy and Blaise, and their kids.

I walked over to Scorp, picked him up, and gave him a wet kiss on his forehead, "Good job Scorpius."

He grinned," Does this mean you'll give me a baby sister?"

"I have no problem with that!" Draco exclaimed.

I scowled at him, "I'll think about it."

"Yay!"

I held hands Draco and said, "Well, tonight has been extravagant, but I must be putting Scorp to bed. I'll owl you, Ginny and Harry. We have much to catch up on!"

Ginny and Harry nodded dumbly, and we apparated home. That was better than I thought it would be!