2. The Frat Party

Chapter Two

The Frat Party

•••

NORAH

I smile the whole way back to my dorm room; this is the kind of meet-cute that I have spent my whole life reading about in books. I have been waiting for it to happen to me while watching it happen to others - I never thought that I would be lucky enough for it to happen to me. Liam seems to be the one to change that luck.

"So, where did you go off to?" Jess asks me as I put my bag down on my bed. I smile secretly before turning around to face her.

"I just went to get coffee," I tell her, and she nods slowly, watching me carefully. I can see that she knows something.

"With Liam?" She says in a sing-song voice, and I nod with a small smile.

"Ohh, since we are now going to be best friends, I need details, but I will get them later," She tells me, making me smile, "Right now, we need to get dressed for this party."

She helps me go through my wardrobe, and we pick a simple but cute outfit. I sit down and start my makeup; I take off the old eyeliner and lipstick before doing a primer. I then do a light base of foundation and powder, with bold brown eye makeup with winged eyeliner.

I then put on my dark red lipstick before turning round to look at Jess; her makeup was simple, light, but bold and chic, just like her. I stand up and walk to the bathroom with my clothes. I take off my jeans and white crop top before putting on my long black t-shirt dress, and I tie my blue checked shirt around my waist. I slide on my two chokers and my black and white converse.

I walk out and pick up my perfume before spraying it, looking at Jess. She looks amazing in her white tank top tucked into a short black skirt with strap heels. She picks up her phone and jacket, smiling at me.

"You look amazing", She squeals, and I feel her arm around my shoulders before she takes a picture of us both.

"Thank you, but Jess, wow, you look stunning," I tell her, and she smiles brightly before handing me a shot of vodka. I shake away the doubt that always hangs over me and I finally let myself be free to enjoy college. I shoot the shot before almost gagging to death, making Jess laugh at me, almost spitting out the vodka. She then pours us both another shot, and I do it this time without nearly as much gagging.

"Come on, let's a party!" Jess cheers, and I grab my phone and clutch bag before following her out the door. We walk down the hallways and out into the courtyard. I look around the campus, and I smile as the feeling of being grown-up and free takes over me.

"Who is hosting this party?" I ask her as she hooks her arm in mine as we continue to walk to the party.

"Some hot frat boy, Alex or something," She tells me, laughing lightly, and I smile, rolling my eyes.

"What? He was hot, but I met a lot of hot guys today. It's hard to keep up with them all. I laugh again, shaking my head making Jess slap my arm.

We hear the music blasting from just around the corner; we saw some people screaming and cheering as they ran through the street. I laugh along with Jess as we continue to walk into the house. The party is jumping, the music is loud, and people are drunk. The smell of sweat is in the air; Jess lifts my arm in the air, still holding my hand as she cheers and walks towards the kitchen to the drinks.

I look about for Liam as we walk, but I can't see him, much to my disappointment. I walk behind Jess before she stops and hands me a beer. I thank her before cracking it open and taking a drink. I turn around and see a girl being cheered for as she downs a bottle of vodka. I hear Jess laugh at her making me roll my eyes and smile.