3. The Date Night

Chapter Three

The Date Night

•••

NORAH

It has been three wonderful months since Liam and I began dating. It has honestly been the most fantastic time of my life - I've never been this happy before. Liam is terrific, and he is so romantic and charming. He is treating me like a princess, and I have never had a reason to be mad or angry at him. Tonight Liam is taking me on a date to celebrate our three month anniversary. It might be cheesy, but Liam was really looking forward to it.

"So, do you think you'll finally do it tonight?" Jess asks, interested in my love life, and I smile bashfully while looking at the ground. She looks at me while she is laying upside down while reading a magazine. "Because the matching lace underwear is a very nice touch."

"I have no clue", I smile at her as I pull on a t-shirt, "Maybe, I mean it's not like I'm a virgin, but I think I want it to be special with Liam if that doesn't sound cliche,"

"It doesn't; it sounds romantic" Jess smiles from upside down. I smile at her before brushing my hair, and I turn on my curlers.

"Do you want me to curl your hair for you?" Jess asks me from her weird position on the bed, and I let out a small laugh before nodding my head.

"Yeah, that would be great," I reply, and she jumps up off of the bed and skips twice over to me. I laugh before rolling my eyes at her cute weirdness. Jess takes the brush from my hand before she finishes getting the last of the knots out of my hair. We chat with each other while she curls my hair, and a smile finds my lips when Liam's name flashes on my screen, and I pick up my phone. I send him a reply, and I tell him how excited I am about the date tonight. Jess turns off the curls and puts them down on the table before running her fingers through the curls.

"Thank you so much," I smile at Jess as she goes to lay back down on her bed, and she continues to avoid doing her essay for English Lit class. I look through our joint closet for the perfect outfit, and I finally find the perfect dress that Abigail had given me last month when we went shopping together. It is the perfect dress for tonight; it was a red lace, flowy backless dress. I look through the shoes that Jess and I find before I put on a pair of simple heels before turning to look at Jess, and she looks up from her phone.

"You look smokin' hot," Jess comments with a wink, "Can I do your make-up for you?"

"Of course," I say with a small excited laugh, and Jess jumps off of the bed, and she giggles excitedly while looking over her makeup. She is so excited that I have given her another distraction away from her paper other than her own laziness. She pushes me to sit down on the little two-seater couch that Jess's dad bought for our dorm room.

Jess kneels in front of me with a happy, cheerful grin while she hums to herself like a happy chipmunk. She pins my hair back from my face before she gets to work and puts primer on my face before using a beauty blender to apply a thin layer of foundation. She pauses before looking at my face, and I smile, watching her as she continues to contour my face. She finishes my face with a dusting of powder. I smile at her as she sticks out her tongue as she thinks about what eyeshadow to use while staring at the pallet. She starts to do my eyeshadow, and I close my eyes for her.

"I'm a genius", She squeals, and I laugh as she finishes off the rest of my face. I stand up and look in the mirror, and I fall in love with my makeup. My eyeshadow highlights the colours in my eyes, and Jess has dusted my cheek with a golden highlighter.

"I am in love," I smile at her, and she hands me a lip balm for my lips. I put it on before rubbing my lips together. Jess looks over my face before she smiles at her work, and she nods her head.