Chapter 14

Jack leads me below deck and into his quarters. He pulls out a small mattress from the side of the room and places it on one of the few windowsills. His is actually a bed, but the windowsills can be used if a mattress is placed on it.

Jack then tosses me a blanket and a small pillow.

"Thanks." I say smiling.

"Your very welcome love." Jack says smiling back.

We hear a knock on the door and we both turn to see Valerie holding onto my clothes.

"Oh, thank you Valerie." I say grabbing onto my clothes.

"Good night (Y/n)," Valerie comes close to my ear. "And good luck with him."

"Oh don't worry. I'll defend myself." I whisper back.

The two of us chuckle a bit and then Valerie leaves the room.

With the cover of Jack's jacket, I put on my clothes and then hand Jack his jacket.

"Thanks love." Jack says while tossing it aside.

I climb under the covers and wrap myself in their warmth. I face the window and close my eyes.

"Hey (Y/n)?"

"Yeah Jack?"

"I've been curious about this since we left Port Royal, but why did you decide to join me?" Jack asks.

"I'm not even sure about that. I guess maybe I thought that if I helped you, you could help in return. Or something else." I say.

I turn around on the windowsill to face Jack, but only to see him sitting right up next to me and his face inches from mine.

"I'm glad you did come along by the way."

Startled, I sit up quickly on the windowsill to move my face far from his.

My heart is beating furiously. I assume from being startled or embarrassed.

"And why would you be glad about that?" I ask trying to compose myself.

"Because I can tease you."

My heart starts to pound again.

Jack looks at me with a hungry gaze and slowly moves closer to me.

I use my foot and kick him hard in the center of his chest.

He falls back onto the ground and laughs.

"You're really strong." Jack says while sitting up.

I clutch the blankets close to me as if they were one of the only things that could protect me from him. Or something that can help calm my beating heart.

"Don't come near me!" I say raising my voice a bit.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Jack says holding his hands up with a joking smile.

"Oh bullshit!"

I slam myself back onto the mattress and I cover myself with my blankets.

I then feel something touch my back.

"Get of me Jack or I swear..."

His hand moves away and he just chuckles.

I hear him grab a bottle of rum and open it. I hear him take large gulps and then he goes off to bed.

He climbs into his bed and then I hear his breathing go steady.

He fell asleep that fast?

I close my eyes and shove out all my thoughts of him as I go off to sleep.

*Jack's POV*

"Thanks love." I say as I take my coat and toss it aside.

(Y/n) climbs under the covers and then faces the window. She bundles herself up in her blankets.

I'd be lying if I said she didn't look pretty cute like that.

So vulnerable.

"Hey (Y/n)?" I say going up to her and sitting right next to her.

"Yeah Jack?"

"I've been curious about this since we left Port Royal, but why did you decide to join me?" I ask.

"I'm not even sure about that. I guess maybe I thought that if I helped you, you could help in return. Or something else." She says.

She turns around only to discover that I am inches away from her face. I smile once she sees me.

"I'm glad you did come along by the way."

(Y/n) gets startled and she quickly sits up and moves away from me.

"And why would you be glad about that?" She asks, her voice cracking just a bit.

"Because I can tease you."

I look at her intently and I slowly move closer towards her.

She uses her foot and kicks me hard in the center of my chest.

I fall onto the floor and I just laugh.

"You're really strong." I say sitting up.

(Y/n) holds the blankets close to her as if to have a barrier between us.

Is she scared of me?

I don't know why, but I felt a little upset at the thought.

"Don't come near me!" She says raising her voice defensively.

Why does it make me just a bit upset that she's scared of me?

"Wouldn't dream of it." I say holding holding hands up smiling.

"Oh bullshit!"

She slams herself back onto the mattress and She covers herself with blankets.

I reach out and touch her back to see if I can make amends.

"Get of me Jack or I swear..."

I move my hand away and chuckle.

I grab a bottle of rum from the cabinet and open it. I take a few gulps of the rum and I set it next to my bed.

After climbing in, I soon fall asleep.

Why do I worry about her? Did I drink a bit to much rum earlier?

*Your POV*

I wake up to hear shouting above deck and sunlight pouring through the window next to me.

My blankets have been tangled across my body but most of it draping over the side dangling to the floor.

I look over to Jack's bed and I see that he is not there, but rather he is gone.

He's probably the one shouting orders upstairs.

I do my best to ignore the shouting and I pull up the blankets over my head and try to fall back asleep again.

I have no need to be awake, so might as well go back to sleep.

But just before I can even attempt to relax, I hear something.

"Psst." I hear this along with a knocking sound.