ATHENA MAZE

Stepping in through the gate,i lurched forward careful not to miss a step. 

With a loud snap the gates shut like the lens of a camera and I was lost in darkness.

My breathing echoed against the stone. It was wet and cold.

The faint glow of the soul was just enough to illuminate some part of the left wall.

"You have to be careful,"the soul spoke up.

"You have a name right?"Martha asked.

"I know not the name I had but I bear the name of Athena ,she replied. It was given to me by Cloudhouf."

Cloudhouf again,the thought popped in my head.

I tried to stay calm, but I was freaking out so bad. i Needed to keep up with the conversation to get my head cleared.

I started forward, but Athena stopped me.

"Don't be in a hurry to move my dear. I need you to know firstly what you are up against out there by ."

I seemed really scared now.

Athena continued.

"I was sent here because I failed in receiving the horns of phobos and Deimos alongside the other soul's. if I had succeeded in surviving the maze I would have gone back but no one survives this maze. I got trapped in the walls of this maze for eternity to come"

"it okay,"I said. 

"I really do not want to know what awaits me in there. if I do I may be forced to fail out of fear and all hope will be lost for my Friend ."

Slowly nodding, Athena resigned to keep her story to her self.

"But always remember to keep your hand on the left wall where I stay and follow it. you should be able to find your way easily ."

Unfortunately as soon as Athena said it the walls around disappeared and I felt all alone.

I wished I had listened to her story first.

I found myself in the middle of a circular chamber with eight tunnels leading out, and no idea how I got there.

Which way now, I asked to no one in particular. Immediately one of the tunnels lit up with light.

Mm mm this seemed very suspicious but it could be Athena leading me, I thought.

It was actually the only one with a light down the tunnel.

The tunnel I had chosen narrowed quickly. The walls turned gray and the ceiling was so low that I had to crawl through. I kept shuffling forward, just when I was sure I was going to vanish due to sufocation,it opened into a large expanse of land.

The sky covered in colour -red, blue, green, gold all lashing out violent among each other. Groaning noise echoed from the tunnel in front of me.

I really didn't want to keep going into the tunnel before me but I had no choice.

Soon the maze was toying with me. I went for what like fifty feet and the tunnel wound back all over the landscape again.

Fear, terror held me tight in my tracks. I suddenly felt like I was lost and there was one tunnel leading out of here.

Clearly I must have chosen the wrong tunnel previously.

I quickly retraced my steps until I wasn't this time by a soul on the right wall with two faces. They bother looked like twins joined at the waist.

"Well,Martha?"said the left face. "hurry up, Peter is in trouble ."

"Don't mind him,"said the right face. "he is terribly rude. You have to hurry duo because your friend needs all the hope and strenght to achieve this aim. if you do not get there soon your friend will be destroyed soon ."

Martha jaw dropped. "Uh... I don't..

"No, No "the rigid face said. "We can show you all if you want to see"

"We are the gate keepers to the door of the under world ."

"Please do show me,"Martha pleaded with them.

The two faced soul regarded Martha as best as they could out of the corners of there eyes.

Suddenly a dungeon was shown before me with Peter standing far back and souls yielding what seemed like eternal light melt the bars of the dungeon. I could even hear the voice of Peter in the background.

He was planning with the souls to steal the horn back and then come to save her. Before i could take in the scene the future was shown me and in it saw Peter trapped to a wall by the side of Cloudhouf, souls screaming also in pains. They had been captured and there planned failed. I could hear the sound of his laughter.

Suddenly it all vanished before her.

"You seen what will happen to your friend, you are doomed to fail ."

Before I could reply, I heard Athena voice.

"She won't fail because she has a heart Of love. Something foreign in this realm ."

"I'm sorry I left you, I needed to know if you had what it take's ."

"Now all you have to do is chose between this two doors, one leads the way you wish to go, the other leads to death,"the right face said encouragingly .

Athena smiled. "You are in charge now my dear. Make the right choice. Just think and make the right choice and you be there in no time"

"But remember should you succeed in recovering the key. You must return to the gate of the maze and use the key to lock them both forever and your friend will return home .The gate is the junction between the world of the living and dead. The maze runs underneath the world of the dead into that of the living break the connection with your friend standing on the other side and they will no longer link, our world will be Destroyed ."

"How will I get back here after I leave, I have no idea how to get back here, "Martha explained.

"You will when the time comes, the same way you left so shall you return" Athena said.

Martha thought of only one place she wanted to get to in a hurry , before she could point a door, a brilliant light flooded the room and she vanished. 

Thank you for reading till the end of Book 1 , Book 2 will be published on the 27th of september 2019 .

I hope you all loved book one .

i will release the synopsis to book 2 and the cover art on the 23rd .love you all 

xoxo