5

Joanna's POV

Today in class I had a hard time paying attention to the topic my teacher was talking about. Kim was throwing notes over to me but I didn't reply or looked at her. Elijah was all on my mind. The only thing I can think about. But after yesterday I felt some sort of way about him. But at least he was honest. I should stay away from him and I will. The bell finally rang and my eyes jolted awake.

"Ok class. Remember a quiz is coming up soon so make sure you study" My teacher said. Kimberly walked up to me and bend down to my level.

"Hey, you Ok?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't​ I be?" I lied while smiling. Kim giggled and poked me.

"Tonight we're gonna get so getting drunk!" She exclaimed. I laughed and we both stand up to exit the room.

Two hours later

"Do you seriously need to put a lot of makeup on me?" I asked Kimberly. She nodded and put more eyeliner on my eyelid.

"Done! Now... You sure you want to wear that to the party?" She asked. I looked down at myself.

"Yep

"Yep. I mean It's just a party" I replied. Kimberly laughed.

"You look cute," she said. The doorbell rang and Kim looked towards the door.

"That cab is early" she whispered while walking towards the door. I followed her and a package was handed to her.

"Oh lookie here! A package from.....Elijah Smith" she exclaimed. My eyes widened and I snatched the package from her hands. I quickly started to open it.

"What if there are condoms in there?" Kim whispered​. I gave her a look before ripping the last piece on the box. There were books in there. I stared at the cover of the books and gasped. Tess of the d'Urbervilles. My favorite book!

"What is it?" Kimberly asked while moving some hair from her​ face.

"My... My favorite book. Elijah brought my favorite books" I stammered. Kim raise an eyebrow and giggled.

"Ooooo... Someone's blushing!"

I rolled my eyes and put the books on the table. I took a deep breath before smiling.

"Are we ready to party?"

"I think we are​!"

45 minutes later

"One more, one more!" Kimberly yelled in my ear. We were both drunk and acting like crazy. I smiled and gulped the whole ​cup down. Everyone even John cheered for me and I stumped to stand up and John grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to pee. I'll be back" I said while leaving the group. By the time I arrived at the bathroom, there was a long line so I picked a spot at the back of the line and sighed. Elijah, Elijah, Elijah. I took out my phone and saw his number. Should I send him an email? or a text? NAH! I'm gonna call him! I giggled to myself and pressed the caller button. It rang for one minute before I hear Elijah's heavy breathing on the other line.

"This is Mr. Smith speaking..."

"Hey, Elijah. I'm returning those books you sent me. I already have them so thanks for thinking of me. You're such a gentleman" I whispered​. I blushed and felt myself bursting out laughing.

"Um... Thanks. But have you been drinking?" He asked. I laughed again.

"Absolutely!"

"Listen, go home right now. That type of thing is not safe for you" Elijah said. I frowned and hold the phone tighter in my hand.

"You're such a bossy son of a bitch! "Joanna, let's go out for coffee", "Johanna, leave me alone", "Johanna, think about my offer". Shut the fuck up already!" I exclaimed.

"That's it! Where are you?" Elijah asked. His voice was dark and scary but that didn't phase me.

"I'm a long way​ from Seattle. A long way from you. Don't try to find me. Remember when you fucking said to stay away from you?"

"I know but Where? Which bar? What's it called?"

"I don't know. But I have to go. Come and find me, Mr. Smith" I whispered before hanging up the phone. I walked out of the bar and sighed. I felt a hand tap me and I turned around and see John holding my jacket.

"Oh! Thank you" I said while putting on the jacket.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Nothing. It just.. maybe I'm a little drunker than I thought"

John smiled and pulled me closer to his body.

"Come closer to me. Ya know to stay warm"

I tried to pull away but he only pulled me closer to his body.

"It's cool. I'm fine John.." I said.

"Look, Joanna. I don't know why but I have enough courage to say this"

"Say what?"

"Joanna, I like you"

My eyes widened and I nervously laughed.

"You do?"

"Yeah. So please, can I have one kiss?" John asked. I shake my head.

"No, no John I can't do that" I plead. Just when John was about to kiss me, a forceful tug came on my shoulder and pushed John away. I looked over and see Elijah standing in a defensive mode while looking at John.

"El–BAHH!" I yelled. The sickness came over me and I started vomiting on the floor. Elijah pulled my hair back while I continued to vomit. Once I was finished I stand up and grinned at Elijah.

"Thanks. You have a nice touch." I whispered while patting his chest. Elijah pulled me closer to him and frowned.

"Let's go. I already talked to Kimberly" he said. I nodded and held on to Elijah as we walked towards his car.

"Wait, what did Kim say?" I blurt.

"She wanted me to be on my best behavior" he replied. I smiled.

"So she threatened you?"

"Yeah."

Suddenly my eyes were going in circles and I smiled like a crazy person.

"You're spinning"

"What?"

"I'm about to fucking faint."

"What? Now?"

I shrugged and tried to keep my balance but my body shut down and I fell into Elijah's arms.