Stolen

You hear loud whispers and booming orders from a man who holds a higher rank to another. Repeating orders from the Captain to him. Your vision is still an utter blur. So it was futile to decipher the features of the two men in front of you.

"But sir she's–" The man's sentence cut off with a hand in front of him.

"A woman and deserves better treatment and well respect!" He scolds, "Captain wants her in his cabin now." Sternly reiterating the order, the higher rank man cocked his hips to the side. Nodding towards the other quarters instead of this dump.

"Yes sir," the crew member replied back meekly and then excuses himself. The room smells awful, floor board was hard and immensely uncomfortable. Mere tiny movements your body jabs you in ache. The footsteps drew near and hoisted you up over his shoulder with ease.

Still in a daze, you noticed him being roughly around your age. He stood there with his arms crossed against his chest and giving a stern look. He tips his hat down to cover half of his face. Careful observation of the man carrying you. You shifted your weight a little much to the man's annoyance. And you feeling stares everywhere as he leads you to the front deck and into the designated quarters. Loud hollers and whistles follows behind.

The man dumps you to the bed unceremoniously. Immediately dismissed by, presumably, the Captain. Who sat on his velvet red chair with his back turned towards you. You squint as the blinding light reflected towards you. The reflection of his golden knife aimed towards you. The knife was not used for original purposes but used to pick dirt under his nails. You groan in a soft manner and collapsed onto the bed to drift off in your sleep; tired.

A fond memory of you leaning over the edge of the ship flashed before your very eyes. Your bright E/C eyes twinkling in amazement because of the incredulous sight before you. The gorgeous blue ocean and the smell of saltwater engulfs your nose. The seagulls circled above you as if calling your name loudly. It was so vivid, the sea breeze sweeping past you. Almost making you topple over the ledge. Your mouth gape in awe at the view. Then, you felt a hand place on your shoulder and the person bent down beside you at the same level. She is also in awe of the ocean too.

She was a beautiful lady wearing a hat and a beautiful cream coloured gown. She had an air of nobility, her fair complexion makes her H/C stand out more.

"The ocean is beautiful mama!" You exclaimed in excitement as you wave to a passing navy ship in enthusiasm. The captain on board notices your enthusiasm and waves back. You giggled and gaze down at the ocean with your reflection.

"It is isn't it?" Your Mother replies in fondness. Then, you recall stories about nasty people living in the seas. Whom plunders treasured goods on noblemen and women's ships. You turned around to face your Mother.

"Papa said there are pirates," you nodded towards the distance, "Is it true mama?" You were a child and everything fascinates you a lot. Your Mother laughs and nodded. Her two hands rubs your shoulder soothingly. She drifts off to indulge a memory of her younger days.

"I used to know a pirate who had a heart of gold ironically," you Mother laughs, "Can you believe it sweetheart?" You were about to reply to your mother.

Until, a strapping young recruit with a bed of dark brown curls. Lacquered in the middle of his forehead saluted to the two of you; interrupting your reply. To your surprise, he was not wearing standard uniform protocol. Your Mother smiles at the boy and they begin to Whisper incoherent sentences to each other.

"Alright, thank you so much Gabriel," She nods to the male and he bows at the two of you.

You fluttered your eyes open. Feeling groggy, you rover your hand around. The soft sheets caresses your fingertips, you gasp and wondered if it was all a dream. You sat up straight and laugh to yourself. Heaving a heavy sigh of relief. The hellish nightmare of getting engaged to the Commodore was a mere dream. You touched your heart to hear it steadied.