Captain Amari

You laid on your sides for the entirety of the night. The salty seas overpowered your smell, making you wake up a few times in the night. Each time you woke up, a blurry dim light shone in the peripheral of your vision. Your vision starts to clear up and Gabriel, still seated at his desk, held a quill in his hand a compass in the other. Your eyelids drooped and you went to sleep. This continuously happen for a few times, by the fourth time, the flame had been extinguished and Gabriel no long there. Your hand wandered behind you, searching for a human laying beside you. None. The sheets were cold and you shivered in the blanket. Your nightgown would've sufficed for the cold Summer night if you hadn't been abducted. You pulled the thin blanket above your neck and drifted off to sleep.

The faint squawks of seagulls alarmed you from your restless slumber, hinting that the ship docked on land. Tiny rolls of waves crashed onto the mighty ship but not strong enough to row the ship away. You fluttered your eyes open and massaged your aching shoulder and arm. Looks like you haven't moved an inch in the cool night. You sat up to glance around the room for any sign of Captain Reyes. None. You gathered up the thin blanket and wrapped it around your body modestly. The floor planks were warm as you waddled towards the door. You ought to step out to find out your current whereabouts, however, the lack of proper clothing prevented you from doing so. The door gently slides open and heavy footsteps sidled in. Captain Reyes hung a grey dress on his arm and a pair of women's boots pinched together.

You brushed a stray h/c lock behind your ear, eyeing the dress and Gabriel. You asked, "Is this for me?" You held the dress and the boots, giving it a close inspection before you slip on the women's boots. It was too big for you.

"Aye," He replied as he watched you closely, "We're meeting someone later. Best look presentable." You nodded, biting your tongue to not ask any questions in fear of irritating him. Gabriel's eye bags hung heavy beneath his almond-shaped eyes. Suggesting that he had stayed up all night doing logistics of the ship, and you were definitely not dreaming during your repetitive waking. Gabriel closed the door, giving you privacy to change into your new clothing. The colour looked washed out as if worn on several occasions. You tried your hardest not to think about the worst case scenario; it could've belonged to one of the ladies in the brothel.

You turned your heel around and noticed a basin filled with clean water, and a small towel on it in the corner. You approached it briskly and washed off any sweat or tiny dirts on your body. There were no oils to tame your H/C hair, making you uncomfortable with the itch on your scalp.

You slipped on the dress and flipped your hair confined in the dress. It was just your size. You walked out of the Captain's quarters with difficult walking.

The seagulls calls grew louder and clearer as soon as you left the quarters. You took a quick glimpse at the seagulls circling around the ship above you. To your right, crewmembers were assigned to patrol the ship readied with their blades and guns at their sides. Punished members ad green horns were scrubbing the deck with a brush and a mop. You felt an uncomfortable stare following your movement as you walked past one of the crewmembers. The Captain's second mate, Genji, stood near the exit polishing his blade, waiting for someone. You jogged up to him.

"Genji, right? Who are you waiting for?" You asked politely. Genji glanced up and tucked away his blade.

"For you." Genji replied. As soon as he finished his sentence, Jesse McCree, the Captain's first mate, ran up to the both of you with his arm poked out. Telling you to come with him. McCree greeted with a spread out grin, "Captain's waitin' for ya," He nodded towards a figure in a distance, "Instructed me to escort ya down." Despite your first meeting, you were hesitant, however as of now, you agreed. Flushing away any bad thoughts about the first mate. You gave a small curtsey whilst hooking your arms with his. The three of you walked down to the dock.