Chapter 1: Level 3

It was 5:00 AM, I was on my way to class when I accidentally bumped into someone. A pink haired girl with pig tails, I got up apologized "oops sorry gotta go" and rushed to class, my name is Nya I'm a student at tokidawa in academy city. I am a level 3 Esper, my ability is very new to the city, it's called genoshifting originally thought to be genokinesis.

The difference is genokinesis allows the user to control the DNA of others while genoshifting allows the user to control their own DNA and only their own. At level 1 I was able to shape shift my arms and legs into different forms and grow tails, tentacles, wings, and extra limbs.

But I can only change a few limbs at a time, at level 2 I could do the same only I can change all my limbs whenever I wanted. Even though they say I'm a level 3 now I still feel like I'm a level 2, as I entered class, the teacher was on the subject of my Esper power. "Okay Ms. Tekiosu can you please come up to the front of the class and give us an example of your ability?" The teacher asked.

Why do I have a feeling she has it out for me, "okay ma'am" I walked up to the board and started demonstrating. "My ability genoshifting allows the user to control their own genetic pattern" I said shapeshifting my arm into a claw.

"Big deal it's no better than genokinesis" one of my classmates said, "actually no you see genokinesis only allows its user to control other people's DNA, as genoshifting allows the user to alter their own DNA" I stated. "So your still weak what makes your ability so special controlling your DNA code isn't cool it's gross" she said again, "and one more word out of you and you'll be getting detention" the teacher said.

'Okay maybe my teacher doesn't have it out for me' I thought. After class I went to the field where I practice my genoshifting, as much as I tried I couldn't find out the other areas of my powers.

After I tried to think about that, I decided to clear my head, I am currently walking around the neighborhood, while I had waved to a spiky black haired boy I heard a gun shot. I grew wings and flew over and saw an electro master fighting a couple of criminals. Not just any electro master though, the electro master Mikoto Misaka the railgun, ace of tokidawa, she was about to get whacked in the back of the head until I swooped down and protected her.

"WATCH OUT!!!" I yelled transforming my arm, However this new creation I was morphing my arm into felt like it wasn't me rather it belonged to an animal

"WATCH OUT!!!" I yelled transforming my arm, However this new creation I was morphing my arm into felt like it wasn't me rather it belonged to an animal. As I slammed my arm into the ground and once the dust cleared I saw that my arm had turned into a large pincer that belongs to a crab, admittedly I've never been able to do that before.

"Huh I guess I am a level 3 after all" I said right after grabbing the guy and throwing him across the street, my hand changed back to its original form.

"Uh hi" I said to the railgun, "look out" I said turning my hands into large armored shell shields as a pyrokinetisis user blasted us with stirring of flames. "Wow thanks for the save" the railgun said to me, "no problem, mind handling the offense while I handle the defense?" She nodded as I walked closer to the criminals shells still equipped once we got close enough Mikoto leapt up from Behind me and zapped a few of them.

I turned around to see a few trying to escape, I then turned my arms into ten squid tentacles and grabbed them and at the same time used jelly fish poison to temporarily subdue them.

Later on judgement showed up to take them away, "nice meeting you by the way, my name is Mikoto Misaka, level 5" I shook her hand, "the feeling is more than mutual Mikoto, I'm Nya Tekiosu, level 3, my ability is genoshifting" I said. About an hour later we both walked down to tokidawa, "so you're sharing a room with two other students funny thing me and my roommate put up an add for a roommate on account of her stumbling upon some extra living space" Mikoto said as we walked to our rooms.

"Neat and did anybody accept?" I asked, "yeah they actually accepted today, they just transferred here" she replied. "Well this is my stop hope to see you again" she said, I walked to my room number only to find out I passed it a long time ago.

I walked back and opened the door to find Mikoto next to an unconscious girl with pigtails, 'wait isn't that the same girl from earlier?' I asked myself. "Uh Nya what are you doing here?" Mikoto asked, "oh I think I have the wrong place I was looking for my room" I gave her my room number "nope this is the right place" she assured just then an intimidating woman appeared at our door. "I see you found your room well Ms. Tekiosu, you two better be nice other wise" she gave them a death glare they both jumped back.

 Tekiosu, you two better be nice other wise" she gave them a death glare they both jumped back

 "So you're our new roommate what a pleasant surprise" Misaka said as Kuroko composed herself, "so you're the genoshifter, just keep way from my sissy and we'll be golden okay?" She said, I only nodded

About ten minutes later I had gotten out of the showers only to see a half naked Kuroko chasing Misaka around, I decided to intervene by turning my arms into tentacles and grabbed Kuroko then gave her a hell of a big zap. "Hey thanks for that" Misaka said, "no problem now how about we tie her down to the bed?" I suggested, later we used a combination of the bed sheets and my own spider silk to tie the teleporter down for the night.

"Good night Misaka San" I said in the room they found, "good night Nya" Misaka said from her bed. 'Sharing a room with the third ranked level 5 in academy city while gaining an update on my powers' I thought 'maybe I can learn to like this place' I then dozed off into my slumber.