Ch.7: Journey to the Land of Waves

Naomi's POV

"Sakura, I'm at point A"

"Hn, Sasuke: Point B"

"Naomi, Point-less... get it at Point Less..? Hahaha!" I laughed. I heard crickets chirping. 

"That wasn't funny." Sasuke said through the intercom. I scowled. "Shut it, manwhore. No one asked you!"

"Bitch." he muttered.

"Come say that to my face, dickhead!"

"Maybe I will loser!"

"ENOUGH! *sigh* Naruto...?" Kakashi spoke

"...Naruto Point D." 

"You're too slow, Naruto." Kakashi replied. "Alright, targets in sight...it's on the move, quick!"

We all flashed through the trees until Naruto burst out and caught the cat. He started yelling pain when the cat started scratching. I was more of a dog person, hence why I had Jun. 

"Does the cat have a pink ribbon on its ear?"

"Affirmative." Sasuke said.

"Missing cat Tora. Captured." 

"Ohhh! My poor little Tora! Mommy was so worried about you little fuzzy kins... yes!" Madam Shimji yelled out, squashing the vicious cat between her boobs. 

"HAHA! That cat got what was coming to it!" Naruto laughed. I wholeheartedly agreed. "I would have run away also.. Fatass." I muttered. 

"Oww!" I yelled as I held my head in pain. "What was that for??" I scowled. 

"Language!" Kakashi scolded. I sighed and rolled my eyes. 

"Now then, for squad 7's next mission, we have several available. Babysitting, shopping..." the Hokage got cut off.

"NO NO NO!!" Naruto yelled as he crossed his arms in an 'X' formation. "I want to go on a real mission! Something CHALLENGING and EXCITING! Not this little kid stuff. Come on, old man!"

"He's got a point." I said with on of my hands on my waist. I got bonked on the head again. "Hey! What was that for, now??" 

"You two, put a lid on it." Kakashi said as he also bonked Naruto's head. 

"How dare you! You're just brand new genin fresh out of the academy and you start with D-ranked missions." Iruka yelled.

The Hokage and Iruka started telling us something but were were more interested in what Naruto had to say. 

"So I had chicken ramen yesterday, and was thinking of Miso today. What do you think, Naomi-chan?"

"Hmm that's a hard choice. But why don't you come to my home and I'll cook us something."

"SILENCE!" the Hokage yelled capturing our attention again.

"Ohh.. sorry." Kakashi apologized sheepishly. 

"You always lecture me like you're my grandfather or something. I'm not that little kid who used to pull pranks all the time!!" Naruto exclaimed with frustration.

The Hokage chuckled. "Fine Naruto wants to prove to us that he's not a little kid anymore." We all looked at him in shock. Was he serious? Huh.. it's probably something small.

"I'll give you a C-ranked mission. To be body guards on a journey."

"So who are we escorting?? A princess, a feudal lord..?" Naruto asked excitedly. 

"Send in our visitor." The door behind us opened and the strong smell of Sake wafted in. Ohh boy. I only know two people who drink that much Sake. One is Tsunade baa-chan, but she's strong and obviously doesn't need protection and the second...

"Huh? What the... a bunch of little snot nosed kids?" the oh so familiar Tazuna exclaimed holding his bottle of Sake. "And you, the little one with the idiotic look on his face. Do you really expect me to believe that you're a ninja?" 

I giggled slightly. "Hahaha, who's the little one with the idiotic look on his face?" Naruto asked. He then realized. "AHH I'LL DEMOLISH YOU!!" He yelled. Kakashi grabbed a hold of his collar to prevent him from attacking. I shook my head and flashed behind Tazuna, grabbed his bottle, and lightly smacked him in the head over it.

"What the..?"

"After how many times I told you to get rid of that horrible habit of yours, you never did listen, now did you Tazuna?" I scolded with a chuckle.

"I would know that voice anywhere. Naomi! What on earth are you doing here?" he asked with surprise laced in his voice.

"Hey Tazuna. I'll be one of your guards. Is that alright?" I asked. He nodded his head and turned to look at the Hokage. Everyone was looking at us confused of how we knew each other. 

"If she's coming with me, then that's fine. I'll be safe as long as I'm with her." Tazuna said as he took a swig of his alcohol. 

"Hey hey! How come you're saying that about Naomi-chan?" Naruto stated. "Quiet Naruto." Kakashi hit him again. I swear, the poor boy is going to get a concussion.

"Alright. Dismissed. Meet at the front gate in an hour." We all nodded and I poofed out of the office. I packed all of my ninja tools, although it was just a C-ranked, you can never be too sure. 

I resupplied on kunai, shuriken, some poison antidotes, first aid supplies, and chakra needles. Hey I was a medical ninja also so I always kept this stuff with me. 

I grabbed a few extra clothes and placed them inside a scroll. I checked myself in the mirror one last time and headed out the door. 

"Yeah!! This is the first time I'm travelling outside of this village!" Naruto cheered. The rest of us just stared at him with bored looks. 

"Ugh, am I really going to be safe especially with the likes of this runt. I mean yeah I'll be safe with Naomi, but him?" Tazuna complained. Naruto grew angry and started charging at him, but Kakashi held him back.

He chuckled. "Don't worry you also have me, a jonin."

We started our journey to the Land of Waves. I was casually whistling while Sakura was sucking up to Kakashi and Tazuna by asking them questions whether they have ninjas over at their country. Sasuke was just walking behind me with his arms crossed and Naruto was up ahead... still cheering. 

As I was walking, I saw puddle on the ground. I raised an eyebrow. A puddle? In the middle of daylight and when it hasn't rained in weeks? What a bunch of idiots. For the heck of it, I conjured up a little fire jutsu and zapped it on the puddle.

I heard it hiss a bit in pain. I giggled and stepped on it. Hard. Again and again before walking off of it. "Boy these puddles do make my shoes dirty..." I casually said. Kakashi looked at me and slightly nodded. 

Suddenly the sounds of chains were heard. "What? Huh?" Kakashi got wrapped around in chains and was pulled to shreds. I rolled my eyes. What a moron. I could even sense his chakra near the trees. 

Two ninjas came forwards and started attacking us. One of them was coming towards me. I crouched down as it swung its poison claw at me. I made a couple of hand signs. "Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu!" I yelled and blew fire out of my mouth. It burned his hand and he yelled in pain. 

I grabbed a couple of kunai and aimed it at the ninja, pinning him to the tree. I recognized them as the Demon Mist Brothers from the Bingo Book. Of course they were weak no doubt about it. Probably chunin or lower, but who were they working for?

I looked over to see Sasuke already beating up the other one. I saw Kakashi finally coming out from hiding. "Hey guys..." he casually waved. 

"Kakashi sensei!" Sakura yelled out happily. "Naruto, sorry I didn't help you earlier, I didn't mean for you to get hurt. Otherwise, Naomi and Sasuke, great work. You too Sakura."

"You're not afraid are you, scaredy cat?" Sasuke taunted. I glared at him. "Shut up, duck ass." He glared back at me. "Make me, dyke." 

"Don't start you two..." Kakashi came and separated us as we were about to chew each other off. 

"Why is it always me!" Naruto yelled out. "I couldn't do anything! I wasn't able to protect like Naomi or Sasuke..." he trailed off. I frowned a bit. "Oh Naruto..."

He took out a kunai and dug it into his poisoned arm. "I pledge upon this wound, bridge builder, that I will protect you with everything I got with this kunai knife." 

"That was a great speech and all Naruto, but if you lose anymore blood, you will die." Kakashi said with a bored expression. Naruto started freaking out.

I shot a glare at Kakashi while he gave me a closed eye smile. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand. I saw it healing itself already. Hmm this must be the chakra of the nine tails. I quickly patched him up. 

"How did you know?" One of the brothers asked. I scoffed. "A puddle on a clear day when it hasn't rained in weeks? What kind of moron doesn't notice that." I said. I didn't see Sakura and Sasuke turning their heads when I said the 'moron' part. 

"A word please, Tazuna-san?" Kakashi asked. I saw Tazuna gulp a bit. We arrived at the dock and stepped inside the boat. I sat in the back with Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke sat across from us. Well pinky was actually invading his space and he was getting angry. A normal sight. 

Tazuna started explaining to us the real mission and why ninjas were after him. The rich tycoon business man Gatou wants him dead because the bridge will interfere with his plans to take over imports and exports, therefore he must kill the bridge builder.

"Woah! Wait a sec...you mean to tell me that the fucking midget is still alive??" I exclaimed. Tazuna sighed and nodded. I frowned. "Huh, I thought that money bags would have drowned himself in the lake already due to being so short. But then again he would probably just use money to get out of it. Ugh... rich people." 

The others looked at me with amusement with Naruto giggling. "Naomi, when did you go to the Land of Waves and how do you know Gatou?" Kakashi asked.

I shrugged. "I was travelling for a whole year by myself since it was a training test from jii-san and came across the small country. It was still quite poor at that time so I came and helped a bit. I remember smacking that dwarf upside the head and kicking him out. Guess he came back."

"Aren't you being a hypocrite by saying 'ugh... rich people'?" Tazuna asked, joining our conversation. I raised an eyebrow. "How so?"

"You idiot. You're so rich and the amount you gave to our land, we could never ever repay you for it." He spoke the last part gratefully. I smiled. 

"It's quite alright, Tazuna. I'm willing to do anything to protect it." He nodded and took a swig of Sake. 

"Wow, it's huge!!!!" Naruto yelled. "HEY BE QUIET! Why do you think the engine is turned off. If Gatou finds us, we'll be in trouble." The rower yelled. 

"Nice going, dobe."

"Shut up teme!"

**Time Skip**

All of us were walking on the dirt road in between the forests. I was quietly whistling, Sakura was on Sasuke's arm like a leech, Naruto was throwing kunai here and there, Kakashi was reading, Tazuna drinking, and of course duck ass was about to explode at Sakura.

"OVER THERE!" Naruto suddenly yelled out and threw a kunai into a bush. I scowled. "Watch where you're throwing that thing Naru-kun!" I yelled. 

"Hehehe, sorry Naomi-chan." We ran into the bush to see the kunai trapped in a tree right above a rabbit. My eyes narrowed. That's no ordinary rabbit. It's a snow one. These kinds are bred inside. My head shot up as I recognized that chakra.

"Get down!" Kakashi yelled. A huge sword came swooshing over our heads and into the tree as we ducked. A man jumped down on the branch wearing gray pants and cow printed hand and leg warmers. No shirt covered his upper boy and a mask covered his face. 

We all stood up and I instantly tried to hide myself behind Sasuke. "What are you doing?" he whispered while glaring. "Shh!" I replied back with a glare of my own. 

Don't let him see me... Don't let him see me... I chanted in my mind. 

"Well well, if it isn't Zabuza Momochi, Demon of the Hidden Mist." Kakashi spoke with his hands in his pockets. 

"Ahhh well if it isn't Kakashi, of the Hidden Leaf." I ducked even farther behind the duck butt.

"I know you're there Naomi. You really didn't think you can hide from me, could you?" I heard Zabuza say. Everyone tensed. 

I nervously rubbed my neck and popped out from behind Sasuke. "H-hey w-what's up sensei.. d-didn't think I could fine you here..." I stuttered. 

"Sensei!!??" Kakashi shrieked. "Naomi!" 

"Hehe.. oops?" I questioned. 

End of Chapter! Comment and follow! :)