Chapter Five

I couldn't believe it. Finally, after all these centuries had I found my love?

Even the thought of her hurt. I let her die, I took her into the woods. I KILLED HER!

I had waited for this day for eleven centuries, searching and praying and begging that she would be returned into the earth.

My heart was thumping, what would I say to her, how would I act normal around her and would she be the same girl that I grew to love?

Eventually, I arrived in Mystic Falls. The first place I looked for her was the Grill, I peered through the window and I saw my 'favourite' people. Damon was sat flirting with Elena (will he never learn) and Stefan was trying to do the whole mysterious brooding look, which wasn't working!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking through the dark streets, was - I'll admit a little spooky but I was a big girl, I could deal with it.

I noticed an old man sat on a park bench with a blanket. I assumed he was homeless and so I gave him all the money I had in my pocket. I walked away and headed down an alley.

I was a little lost but I kinda knew where I was.. I said kinda.

"Hello, what do we have here..." I turned around to see three men lurking in the shadows.

I'd seen enough horror films to know that this wasn't a good sign.

I began to walk faster until I was hurrying into a jog. Suddenly one of them appeared in front of me.

"Wha...." I said, shocked at how fast he was. I turned around and ran but I was cornered.

"I...I have no money on me..."

Without warning one of them grabbed me and threw me at the wall. My head was spinning, I felt my head and a sticky patch of blood was oozing through my hair. One of the men grabbed my arm and tried to bite me.

"Help!!!" I screamed.

I was terrified, why would he bite me he must have a mental problem. I screamed and screamed until one of them strangled me and I collapsed onto the floor.

"Gentlemen, leave her alone. Shame on you attacking an innocent defenceless woman!"

I was confused, I could hear voices but my head was spinning. Bang!

One of the men flew into the wall, whilst the others ran.

"Hello sweetheart, are you ok. Did they hurt you?" A man knelt beside me looking worried.

He was english like me, but he didn't have a normal accent, his was smooth and charming and made you want to melt. It was intoxicating.

"I'm fine thank you" I said but as I stood up my head spun and I fell back. Quickly, he caught me.

"You're not fine love, come I'll take you to my house and get you cleaned up. My names Nik."

He pulled me up and supported me.

"My names Kassie, are you sure about this I...."

I stopped as my head burned. "Come on love, it's no problem."

"I really shouldn't, I mean, no offence but you could be a serial killer." I laughed.

"Maybe I am, are you willing to take a risk?" He flashed me a big grin.

"I like risks."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I helped her into the car. I can't believe someone had dared to touch her, I would have ripped their hearts out but she was there and it wouldn't have been the best introduction. I stared at her beautiful face, she hadn't changed, there next to me was my Kassie- only she wasn't my Kassie anymore.

I gripped the steering wheel, trying to calm my urge to hold her and never let go, to stroke her face and tell her how much I missed her, but it broke my heart to see her not remembering anything. After her death, I spiralled out of control, I learned to love to kill, to feel their blood, I became a monster- the most feared hybrid, but now I had her.. I was complete.