Chapter Twenty-Nine

I had found out a lot about my mother recently. She left my father, when she found out about his vampire hunting obsession. Her name was Arianna and she was beautiful, she came round everyday to make sure I was ok, and occasionly my dad would bring round pizza as he still hadn't learned how to cook yet.

Someone knocked at my door and I hauled myself up. My bump was no hugely showing, I was only two weeks away from having the baby. It was a boy and I decided to name it Tyler after my best friend. I opened the door and there was Elijah, Damon, Elena, Caroline and a now non-compelled Stefan.

"We thought you could use a little cheering up,and just seeing my sexy body brings a smile to my face, so here I am."

I rolled my eyes at Damon and invited them in.

"Are you really hitting on a pregnant widow!"

He winked at me, which I took as a yes. They had brought round pizza, which was my biggest craving at the moment.

"I brought you some more maternity clothes, I think this really compliments your eyes!"

I laughed for the first time since Nik had died. Caroline was always ahead of the fashion, even with maternity clothes.

"May, we have a talk in private?"

I nodded suspiciously at Elijah, while we walked outside.

"I am terribly sorry for your loss, I genuinely am. We may have seemed not to get on, but he was my brother, and I loved him. And I will do all I can to look after you and the child."

"Oh my God, Elijah!"

"I know, I actually have a heart!"

"No, I mean oh my God, my waters just broke!" He suddenly turned pale.

"Erm.. well..what do I do?"

"Take me to the hospital..quick!"

"Arghhh!" I screamed as I felt my contractions coming.

"Damon, just drive faster!" He just sighed.

"You know in all my one hundred and sixty four years, I have never been in this situation."

"Shut up and drive!"

When we arrived at the hospital, I was sent straight through to the birthing ward. My mother held my hand as I pushed. I wished it was Nik instead. Out of the corner of the eye, I saw him, with tears in his eyes. I blinked and he was gone; great I was going crazy. On my last push I screamed as I heard a cry.

There in front of me, was a beautiful baby boy. He was so tiny and fragile. I held him and smiled, he had his fathers eyes.

"Hello, little Tyler."

He seemed to smile at me and I got emotional. My mother went to tell the others, I now had a son. They all entered the room and I heard them all 'aww'.

"He's beautiful, he has his eyes."

I smiled at Elijah, knowing we where both right. I saw Damon, smiling.

"Aww is Damon lost for words."

"No.... I laughed at him, blushing.

Esther had said that my child would be a hybrid, but he wasn't a monster. He was mine and Nik's child, our baby, but he would have to grow up fatherless and I would bring him up alone.....all alone.