Neith

Neith by AnchanaRadhakrishnan

One of the first books I encountered when I started on Wattpad last fall was an historical story called Neith. I have a fascination with ancient cultures, so this one sucked me in straight away.

Neith is a young girl who, after the suspicious death of her father, is thrust into the political intrigue surrounding her family, the pharaoh, and the fate of Egypt itself. She is brave, strong, and funny, and often impetuously takes matters into her own hands, much to the chagrin of her new royal husband and loving brother.

This story is filled with warm family moments, romantic tension, action, and unexpected plot twists all set in the lavish ancient Egyptian culture.

Here is my rendition of Neith. Her sword (she was trained at a young age, having been raised by her military father and brother), is called a Bast, an ancient Egyptian short sword. Her dress I drew was inspired from a real painting found in Queen Nefertiti's tomb. I had tons of fun researching this era while looking for clothing!

Thank you AnchanaRadhakrishnan  for your incredibly fun story!!! You are a true kind and sweet soul, and I have enjoyed interacting with you (crazy to think we can easily befriend people across the world!)

Thank you AnchanaRadhakrishnan for your incredibly fun story!!! You are a true kind and sweet soul, and I have enjoyed interacting with you (crazy to think we can easily befriend people across the world!).

*Only the author of Neith has my permission to use this photo*