Brittle: The Winter Prince - Character Redesign

If you read Brittle last year before I pulled most of it down for editing, this guy should be very familiar...

The Winter Prince
(or Wray, as Corbin will come to know him)

I won't type any spoilers here on his character except to say that once he appears in the story, he's in almost every chapter until the end. He is an integral part of Corbin's adventure.

Wray's original design was hastily done along with the story, as I was kicking it out for a winter competition at the time. I've always wanted to revisit his character though.

Other than the telltale molten metallic eyes attributed to seasonal rulers, nothing much set him apart from a high schooler found in our world. It was more believable that he befriended Corbin in math class and hit up arcades with him on the weekends.

I wanted something a bit more fantasy-like. He's the Winter Prince, after all. Powerful. Timeless. Otherworldly. Or, maybe the real issue is just that I have a prominent weakness for longhaired guys in fantasy stories. Both the Summer and Winter Kings, and also Captain Shon, have lengthy locks in Brittle.

Here he is racing snowbirds, BEFORE the re-d0:
(Prince Wray in front, Corbin is freaked out in the back)

Here he is racing snowbirds, BEFORE the re-d0:(Prince Wray in front, Corbin is freaked out in the back)

And....drumroll please.....

...or just keep scrolling...

Here is Brittle's very own

Winter Prince 2.0

Have a great week!

Have a great week!