Chapter eighteen

This chapter is hard for me to write! This isn't the best chapter yet, but after this one it will get better, I promise :p

I know you are going to guess what I say next?

Yes, it is unedited. Maybe I should stop putting that since it is becoming the usual thing?

Yeah, maybe not...

Enjoy !!

           -NickyMb <3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have never been a fan of carnivals.

   I have also never been a big fan of having to deal with awkward silences. Sure, I can pull my way out of them fairly well , but when they happen?

I hate them with a passion.

And right now was the most awkward of awkward situations.

I bring my arm up and I end up hitting Aiden, now known as Uncle Aids, in the side of the head. He shoots me a look and I give him one right the hell back.

I finally get my arm over the seat, without touching Aiden,  and I feel myself relax a little. The three of us being squished in Mason’s truck, all in the front seat since the truck itself only had no back seat, sucked.

  But the fact  that Sterling’s thigh was against mine, warm and hard,  I guess made up for the fact I was hating life right now.

Yea, no wonder I am single.

I get happy over ‘ thigh touching’.

      I look over and I see Sterling look out at the road, his face a mask of calm and it shows no emotion.

   When I told Sterling that my Uncle would be joining us, I saw something flash across his face, but before I could figure out what it was, it disappeared.

    He took Aiden’s name with an odd look and the fact that he showed up out of nowhere with calm. He didn't even ask anything except if I was okay with it.

Aiden took it with a big, cokcy ,self assured smile on his face. I knew he found my name for him comical enough, but he didn't point it out.

   Now, here I sat between the two guys who seemed to consume my mind twenty four hours a day.

Did I mention how awkward this is?

  I see Aiden’s eyes flick to mine for the seventh time since I been in the truck and when I see that his eyebrow is starting to fall at the corner, I smirk a little.

 He raises that same eyebrow at me and the thing ends up falling onto his nose and getting stuck.

I hold in my laugh as Aiden tries to stick it back on without Sterling finding out. When he gets it back on, he turns to me and smiles.

The eyebrow was now uneven.

“So, how is it that I have met everyone in your family Mia, but I have never heard of your Uncle Aids?”

I have no idea how he can say that with a straight face but he does.

“He is a distant Uncle.” I say to him with a light smile.

“A very, very distant Uncle. He only shows up, like, once in every, oh I don’t know, twenty years? Turns out that he decided to show up at exactly the wrong time this time around. “