02

A/N

I remember how traumatizing this one was to watch when it first came out, but it was also written so well. I hate it so much, but its important to have. Good luck not tearing up guys.

    A loud, impatient knock on the door wakes me from my restless nightmare. I was relieved, but it very short lived. I realized what the knock meant.

   "We leave in five!" Dwight was here to bring me to yet another nightmare.

   I stood and leaned against the bed post for a moment. The clock on the dresser read 1:03 am. I steady myself, take a breathe, and then begin to get ready. I dress in black jeans a black long sleeve thermal. I decide to wear thick wool socks with my boots, and adorne the outfit with a green cargo jacket and grey scarf. I hoped that the clothes meant for the outside chill would be enough to warm up the bone deep chill, one that I got every night like this.

    I load my hunting knife, ax, and gun into my belt, and slide another knife into my boot for good measure. I pull a hair brush though my red tangles and put on a thin line of eyeliner. I grab the handle of my bat, absentmindedly, but decide irrationally and quickly to leave it behind. I had weapons enough on my person, I did not need to bring it.

  When I open the door, Dwight is waiting. He appeared like he was already ready and has possibly been out alright for the preparations of tonight, but I would not bring myself to ask. I would find out soon enough. Dwight offered no information either. He knew me all too well. 

    I should be leading, but I walk side by side with him to the end of the hall, and I shoulder open the door and hold it there for him. 

   "Why thank you," He says with a sarcastic drawl. 

   "You're quite welcome, sir." I say in a very servant like manner, a behavior I had only seen in the old rerun black and white shows on tv.  I think about doing a curtsy, but that was entirely too much out of line for me. The cold bites at my skin, and I consider for a moment running back in for another jacket. I grit my teeth and pull my own coat closer to myself. Dwight leads me over to a twenty year old single-cab truck. Its paint is faded blue, and the back end of it is starting to corrode from rust. He opens the passenger door for me, and I climb up. He moved to the other side, and gets behind the wheel.

  Dwight turns the key and the trucks engine roars to life. Heat begins to flood the cabin, along with some music from the cd player. I do not recognize the song or band, but I do notice that it is 80's rock genre. I lean against the cool window and look out into darkness, hyper fixating on the unknown words in the song rather than any of my own thoughts. 

  We reach a clearing about a half hour later, and there is very little light. As Dwight parks and shuts off the engine, I look around.

   We had been here before for one of the other groups in our control. It was still and cold, and every few feet there was a small light. I could see trucks and cars reflecting in that light, and I knew they were in a circle in the clearing. There was an RV, one that wasnt ours, and only silence came from it. I hope out of the truck first.

"The groups not arrived yet but they should be soon," Dwight says, "Negan's in the RV. If you want you can go in there or whatever else." I nod and walk toward the rv. I pass a van on the way, and I can just make out muffled screaming and banging noises of captives trapped inside. That is what Dwight had been up to, and the fact that he stops outside of the van and waits only proves my thoughts.