-Skorm's P.O.V.-

I opened the fridge and grabbed an Apple. As I bit into it, my phone lit up with a notification.

"Science project with Bepper today!"

I smiled, remembering what I had planned. Unfortunately, I hadn't worked on the project at all, and I was hoping she had. I grabbed my backpack and emptied it except for the things I would need for the project, so it would be lighter when I was on my bike. I told my parents where I was going, and took off.

When I arrived at Bepper's house, I gently lowered my bike to the ground. I ran my fingers through my hair, and I opened up the camera on my phone so I could see how I looked. Once I decided that I was presentable, I wheeled my bike to the back of the house and set it down there. I rang the doorbell, and I heard someone shout something. I waited for a minute, then knocked on the door. After a minute, Bepper opened the door with a confused look on her face, which quickly changed to shock.

"Skorm?! What are you doing here?" She asked.

I explained to her that we had planned to work on our science project , and I asked if she had forgotten. She said that she hadn't, but I wasn't sure if she was being truthful or not. Although I figured that if she had known I was coming that she wouldn't wear rubber duck pajamas to answer the door in. I commented on them, and she blushed, clearly embarrassed. I thought it was cute. She told me to come in, and to have a Snickers bar, and then she rushed off, probably to change.

While I was grabbing a Snickers, her brother Aparri walked into the kitchen, and shut the door behind him. 

"Do you like my sister?" He asked, getting right to the point.

"Uh, yes. Is it that obvious?"

"It's the way you look at her."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I don't think she knows, though."

"Ok, good. Ummm... are you going to go all big brother protective on me?"

"No. I think you will be good to her, and I completely approve of you. But if you hurt her, you are gonna get it. Be warned."

"I got it. I'm not going to hurt her."

"Good."

There was a knock on the door. Aparri went to open it, and he walked out as Bepper walked in. Now she was wearing clothes that she might wear to school, except for the animal jam logo. It turns out Bepper hadn't worked on the project yet either, which was bad because that meant we were behind. When she mentioned her laptop, I teased her about naming inanimate objects. When she went to go get it, I followed her. She had clearly forgotten how messy her room was. There was a pair of underwear on the floor, and out of politeness I looked away.

Her art wall was really nice, so I pretended to be absorbed in that in that while she dealt with it and grabbed her laptop. We went to work, but instead I watched Bepper's face. She was really adorable. I put my hand on her thigh and moved it on top of her hand.  I leaned close to her and told her that I liked her and that I thought she was cute. I felt her pulse quicken on her wrist.

I told her to look at me, since her face was turned toward the floor. She turned her head toward me slowly, and on an impulse, I leaned in and kissed her. After a minute, I pulled away, and asked her with my eyes if that was okay. I wasn't sure if she liked me or not. I hoped that she did. I loved that first kiss and craved another one. She leaned in toward me, and I was ecstatic. I let my feelings free and melted into the kiss.